You pretty much get what you pay for. We chose this place beacuse we were going to a show nearby at the house of blues. The location is great its nearby everything. We got there and we realized we had to valet parking, so we did it wasn't a big deal. When we got there we checked in, we were helped by a lady who was very indifferent a bit of an attitude i would say.
When i stay in the hotel usually the case is: the hotel sucks but the service is great or the service sucks and the hotel is great, but unfortuantely this wasn't the case both were bad.
This is a historic hotel so u get an actual key not a card to swipe. I'd have to say the old elevator was pretty cool, although it was a bit creepy but it was different than anything else. We get up to our room, and it was like being in an apartment with 2 rooms being seperated by just a wall. Our view was bad, i felt like we were thrown in a corner of the hotel. The rooms were extremely small the only available space was the little space surrounding the bed, there wasn't too much room to move around. The bathrooms were gross, they were very dirty, i was even scared to take a shower and touch any of the nozzles. The walls are pretty thin so you can hear everything going on in the halls. I wouldn't of given it such a bad rating if the staff was a little friendlier and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This boutique style hotel is centrally located in San Diego's exciting Gaslamp Quarter. We invite you to step back in time to the elegant comforts, friendly hospitality and impeccable service of a bygone era. Opened in 1913 as the St. James Hotel, San Diego's original high-rise luxury hotel, our beautifully restored property is an oasis of historic style for leisure and business travelers. We are 6 1/2 blocks from San Diego's waterfront convention center. It's a pleasant 7 minute walk from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Wyndham, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, BookIt.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Ramada Gaslamp/Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Inn And Suites Gaslamp/Convention Center
- Ramada Inn & Suites Gaslamp/ Hotel San Diego
- Ramada Inn San Diego
- Ramada San Diego