Very cool old hotel,our stay included july fourth holiday . the vantage point from the rooftop patio is spectacular for the big bay boom .The hotel is very old , however it has been updated but not to the point of taking away the charm. the elevators are slow and awkward to negotiate, just gives you an opportunity to hold a door for a lady in my eyes.we had a room on the front side of the hotel , the revelers below were tolerable with windows open and unheard with windows closed and a/c on. Brians 24 is not to be missed . only downside is the cost of parking $20.00 per day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This boutique style hotel is centrally located in San Diego's exciting Gaslamp Quarter. We invite you to step back in time to the elegant comforts, friendly hospitality and impeccable service of a bygone era. Opened in 1913 as the St. James Hotel, San Diego's original high-rise luxury hotel, our beautifully restored property is an oasis of historic style for leisure and business travelers. We are 6 1/2 blocks from San Diego's waterfront convention center. It's a pleasant 7 minute walk from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Wyndham, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Ramada Gaslamp/Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Inn And Suites Gaslamp/Convention Center
- Ramada Inn & Suites Gaslamp/ Hotel San Diego
- Ramada Inn San Diego
- Ramada San Diego