We stayed at the Ramada Gaslamp this February while visiting the Gaslamp Quarter and Sea World. The decor of the hotel itself is charming and historical. If you get a standard one bedroom queen, it's relatively small. Fits the essentials: Queen bed, stand up shower, toilet, sink in the room (not in the bathroom, which is kind of odd), and flat screen TV, and small closet. But if your not looking for anything extravagant this is a great place to stay and comfortable. We had a one queen room the first night and when our friends came the 2nd night we switched to a 2 Queen room which was a little more roomy. The 2 Beds have their individual rooms which is kind of cool if maybe traveling with 2 couples. I would have to say for the location and price this hotel is definitely worth it. We paid $139 for the 2 bedroom (booked it 2 nights before). Keep in mind you do have to pay $20/day for Valet parking (unlimited ins and outs). Not sure where you would park if you didn't valet. We did see several parking lots and parking structures charging $15-$25/night, so you might as well valet for the convenience. The one negative experience we had was the toilet overflowed one night and the sink was clogged as well. Not sure how effective the plumbing is, we didn't shove a whole bunch of toilet paper or anything crazy in there. Also the water heater is in the room and was making a loud kind of steaming/banging kind of noise in the nights/mornings. We didn't hear it in the afternoon times, just at night and mornings, which is annoying when you're a light sleeper. My boyfriend didn't notice until I pointed it out to him, so maybe I'm just a particularly light sleeper.
Location is great. You are literally within walking distance of all the bars/clubs in the area. Both nights I was wearing heels and had no achey feet. If you are planning on going to Sea World ike we did it was a short (maybe 10 min or less) drive. The convention center was maybe a 10 min walk just down the street and Petco Park was also very close.
What stood out overall to me was the staff. Entire front desk (day & night) crew were very friendly, helpful, and seemed geniunely enthusiastic to make your stay an overall great experience. Would definitely stay here again just based on the great customer service. If you're looking for the no frills kind of hotel that allows you to walk anywhere you need to go, with a bargain price, this is definitely a place to check out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This boutique style hotel is centrally located in San Diego's exciting Gaslamp Quarter. We invite you to step back in time to the elegant comforts, friendly hospitality and impeccable service of a bygone era. Opened in 1913 as the St. James Hotel, San Diego's original high-rise luxury hotel, our beautifully restored property is an oasis of historic style for leisure and business travelers. We are 6 1/2 blocks from San Diego's waterfront convention center. It's a pleasant 7 minute walk from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Wyndham, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Ramada Gaslamp/Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Inn And Suites Gaslamp/Convention Center
- Ramada Inn & Suites Gaslamp/ Hotel San Diego
- Ramada Inn San Diego
- Ramada San Diego