“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #121 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
Memphis, Tennessee
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Very clean and very friendly staff. Good location for what I was in town for. The staff was informative and nice. The rooms were comfortable and clean. My only criticism would be that because I am 5'10 tall i had to squat in the shower my whole head cam above the showerhead which is a bit annoying but not somthing that can make or break a stay. Overall a great hotel.

Room Tip: This hotel is near the San Diego zoo and safari park.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Fairbanks, Alaska, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My mother and I stayed at this hotel while visiting family in Escondido. It is near the freeway so that was great for the drive to Escondido and the drive into San Diego for sightseeing. I like that it was in a quiet location and off the main streets. It is walking distance to a grocery store and a drug store so that was convenient for us. All areas of the hotel are very clean and well maintained. There was not a continental breakfast but the Bistro on the main floor was very good and has very reasonable prices. The Bistro provides all three meals and you are able to conveniently take it to your room. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel was nice and clean. I found the room to be good and they had a nice big frig. I liked the pull out/rolling desk, which made a great table for breakfast. The bed was a little hard for my comfort level - guess I expected a better experience at a Marriott titled hotel vs. a Days Inn. A little miffed that we didn't get a complimentary breakfast. But we did really enjoy the noon check out time, which gave the kids a chance to enjoy the heated pool before we left.

The room had a nice view of a duck pond.

The hotel had a sporting team there while we were there and they were a bit loud after hours - but not Marriott's fault.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2014

Nice hotel with a lively clean bright room. Stayed here because we had a wedding nearby. Nice little lake behind to sit and watch the ducks.
Breakfast in the little cafe was nice and you pay for it upfront.
Suited all our needs. Would certainly stay here if we ever came this way again.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2014 via mobile

after driving from lax and not knowing where to go and being tired we knew the "Marriott" brand would always be a good place but the staff here was extremely helpful and the pool was great too. Will stay here again

• Stayed October 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2014

Stayed at this Courtyard Marriott for a business trip to San Diego. I have no complaints at all about this hotel and I really like the little property it sits on. The hotel staff is very professional and does there best to accommodate your needs. I really liked the set up of their restaurant. This is my second stay here and I will continue to stay at this property in the future.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Carl A, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Rancho Bernardo, responded to this review, October 13, 2014
Thank you for your review of the Courtyard by Marriott at Rancho Bernardo. We are happy that you enjoyed your visit and look forward to seeing you again during your next visit.
Lancaster, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2014

I have no complaints about the staff, but the rooms were nothing special. For the price paid, I expected nicer accommodations and more amenities thrown in for free. I'm accustomed to free breakfast and an evening hospitality hour with complimentary snacks and drinks. Nothing like that here.

Room Tip: Another hotel
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Carl A, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Rancho Bernardo, responded to this review, October 10, 2014
I am sorry that your experience at the Courtyard by Marriott at Rancho Bernardo was not up to your expectations. We pride ourselves on providing excellent service at and exceptional value and I apologize that you did not feel the value was fair for the price. While we don't offer many of the complimentary services such as continental breakfast that many hotels do, we feel that we provide a superior food service value through our Bistro where we offer Starbucks beverages, cook to order meal options and an evening restaurant and bar service at competitive prices.

I hope you will give us a chance again and stop by our Bistro for a Sunrise Starter sandwich or Strawberry French Toast. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to San Diego!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Rancho Bernardo? Share your experiences!