My wife and I are foodies. In preparing for our visit to San Diego, I called the hotel concierge to get restaurant recommendations as I really did not know the area. I got a super nice lady on the phone, and we talked about possibilities. She told me I should try her and her husband's favorite restaurant, JSix. She recommended a Mexican place for the next night, The Blind Burro. She then asked my name so she could pull up my record, and she told me I called the wrong hotel!! I had called the Westin San Diego, not Gaslamp. Instead of having me hang up and call the correct hotel, this very nice woman, Molly Moran, said "don't worry, I'll still take care of you." Not only did she make my reservations, she called and got us the best table in JSix, and told the staff to take good care of us, which they did. She also called the Gaslamp Westin to make sure we got a nice room, and I'm not sure if she did not, but we ended up with an excellent room on the Starwood Preferred floor. I'm assuming she called and did this. Regardless, she went way beyond what I would have expected, and took great care of us. It was greatly appreciated. By the way, both restaurants were exactly what we were looking for. She figured out what we needed, and took care of it.
Then, while on or stay, we had been recommended to go to another restaurant, Searsucker, where we went on Friday night, and which we loved. My cousin was coming in the next day to visit, on Saturday night. This is an extremely busy restaurant. We wanted to go back that night, but I called the restaurant and they had no reservations. I spoke to the concierge at our hotel this time, and lo and behold, in about 10 minutes I had a 6:30 reservation for that night. I wish I got this woman's name, but I did not.
The bottom line is the concierge's at these hotels go way beyond what I would have expected from them.
As to the hotel, it was exactly what I expected. It was clean, and well kept. Overall, I would certainly recommend this hotel. The only issue we had is we were right next to a suite, and two nights there were parties in the room until very late. However, both nights security came up on their own very quickly and quieted them down. Only a short term problem. The location to the Gaslamp restaurants, bars, and Petco Park, are awesome.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Gaslamp Quarter, San Diego Hotel San Diego
- Westin Gaslamp Quarter, San Diego Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarteris ideally located in the heart of downtown San Diego's historic and vibrant Gaslamp Quarter. Your unparalleled San Diego Accommodations include every imaginable amenity as well as proximity to all a Gaslamp Quarter Hotel offers: the very best of San Diego shopping, dining, entertainment and cultural activities. With striking bay and cityscape views, The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter Hotel features 450 guestrooms and suites, all tastefully remodeled to create a sense of calm and balance—a sanctuary of soothing color palettes, natural wood and stone accents and stylish décor. It’s a Downtown San Diego hotel without compare. Here you will enjoy incomparable San Diego accommodations like a Heavenly Bed®, flat-screen TV and spa-inspired bath amenities. You will leave feeling rested, energized and renewed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Amex, Otel, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.