We were at the Westin Gaslamp for a conference and work shop I attend every year through my employment. Our group hasn't always selected good locations or properties, so each year is a wait and see experience.
Last year we stayed at a Westin in Denver. It was above average, so I was hoping for at least the same this year.
The Westin Gaslamp is well appointed and conveniently located to dining and shopping. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and the meeting space more than adequate.
What stood out was the service. Everyone was very attentive and proactive to assist. From the parking valets to the bellmaen to the front desk to the housekeeping staff. I will single out in particular Paul, a bellman, who gave me his card when he brought up our bags and asked us to call on him if we needed any assistance. In fact we did get helpful information from him several times during our stay.
I have noticed in recent years that the larger hotel chains - such as Westin, Hyatt, Klimpton, Omni, and Ritz Carlton - appear to be working hard at customer service. Apparently they realize that a clean and comfortable room is a baseline, a given, for any satisfactory experience, and customer service is what will make the difference between an average and outstanding stay. And, at times, prompt and effective customer service can overcome shortcomings.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Gaslamp Quarter, San Diego Hotel San Diego
- Westin Gaslamp Quarter, San Diego Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarteris ideally located in the heart of downtown San Diego's historic and vibrant Gaslamp Quarter. Your unparalleled San Diego Accommodations include every imaginable amenity as well as proximity to all a Gaslamp Quarter Hotel offers: the very best of San Diego shopping, dining, entertainment and cultural activities. With striking bay and cityscape views, The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter Hotel features 450 guestrooms and suites, all tastefully remodeled to create a sense of calm and balance—a sanctuary of soothing color palettes, natural wood and stone accents and stylish décor. It’s a Downtown San Diego hotel without compare. Here you will enjoy incomparable San Diego accommodations like a Heavenly Bed®, flat-screen TV and spa-inspired bath amenities. You will leave feeling rested, energized and renewed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Starwood, Priceline, Otel, Amex, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda and Venere so you can book your The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.