“Good Westin, Good Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter

You added The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter to your Saves list
The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   910 Broadway Circle, San Diego, CA 92101 (Formerly The Westin Horton Plaza San Diego) (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #43 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersSilver level
New York City, New York
“Good Westin, Good Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Stayed here for a conference in August. Good location next to a mall and you can walk to Gaslamp restaurants, San Diego Convention center (10-15 min). Rooms were very big and clean. Property was well kept. Had a bit of an issue with Check In....really long lines, took forever. Other than that the stay was really pleasant. Staff was friendly.

• 4 of 5 stars
westingaslampSD, General Manager at The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear JPBJMB

We do have a great location! And as you mentioned, not only within steps of the Gaslamp Quarter but also just a quick refreshing walk to the Convention Center, and Petco Park too! We think this is the best of both worlds. Whether here on business or pleasure, the ease of access to whatever is on the agenda is undeniable!

California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Typical Westin experience and comfort...convenient location to walk the Gas Lamp Quarter. The Horton mall is right next door, if that excites you. Our room had an unfortunate view of the office building across the street, but I guess that's city living for you. There must be a fire station nearby, as I heard the EMS sirens all night.

• 3 of 5 stars
Fayston, Vermont, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

This was a beautiful, clean hotel with always friendly service from the time you walked in until the time you left. it is attached to the Horton Plaza mall (gave you something to do in the evenings) and a few blocks walk to the convention center. The beds were heavenly, just as they described, and I was lucky to get a room on the top floor with a bay view. The pool was nice, always clean and always a chair available. Sunny pool in the afternoons helped after a long day of conferences. Yes, elevators were sometimes slow but that didn't ruin my stay. There is a Panera right across the courtyard from the hotel and the Gaslamp District was only a few short blocks away. I'd totally stay here again if I'm ever in the area.

Room Tip: Try to book a higher floor bay view room - nice views!
    • 5 of 5 stars
westingaslampSD, General Manager at The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Lisa S,

Wonderful to hear how you enjoyed your recent stay with us and took full advantage of all the hotel and our great location have to offer. Being attached to the Westfield Shopping & Entertainment mall is certainly a plus! Along with many specialty stores, the mall is anchored with a Nordstrom and Macy’s – in addition to movie theaters and even day spas! Then again, as you mentioned, it’s always nice to just be able to relax by our pool with a cool drink in hand.

If your travels ever bring you out to San Diego again, we’d love the opportunity to welcome you back!

Be well,

Costa Mesa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

This was our first stay at this location. My wife surprised me with a little stay-cation for my birthday. Molly R from the Concierge service, Dulce and Amy B. from the front desk were excellent! My wife casually mentioned that it was my bday, and Dulce allowed us to check in a little early. We dropped off our stuff, and headed out to lunch. When we got back, there was a bottle of champagne with a handwritten note from Molly and the staff, wishing me a happy Bday and a nice stay. The next morning, Amy B stopped us near the front desk, and asked us if we enjoyed our stay. Nothing but kudos for this team. Customer service means the world to me in my profession, and to have these ladies do a little extra something for us, means we will now always stay here in downtown S.D. Thank you very much for making this mini vacay great!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I got off to a rocky start during this stay, but the hotel staff went above and beyond to help me get my trip back on track. They were caring and considerate, and I want to thank the front desk staff immensely. Concierge services were great, and the hotel facilities were superb. Happy Hour at the bar was a great deal for food and drink! The only downside is the fee for parking. It maybe standard for the area, but it seem inordinate to me.

Room Tip: Ask for a room looking toward the bay - the sunsets are lovely, and I think its a little quieter.
    • 5 of 5 stars
westingaslampSD, General Manager at The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear PLMcDowell,

Great service. Superb facility. Delicious food and drink. Sure sounds like we hit the mark! We are committed to ensuring our guests have a memorable experience so I loved hearing how the team was able to turn around a rocky start. And it was especially nice to read that the front desk and concierge helped to ensure you had a wonderful stay. I’d have to agree, they are great! I will make sure they know how much you appreciated their efforts.

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor and we hope the next time you are in San Diego we have the opportunity to welcome you back!

Milford, NH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Located just off of Broadway, next to Horton Plaza, two blocks from 5th Avenue's restaurants and a short walk down Broadway to the Midway and the Coronado Ferry. Stayed in connection with a business conference which was very well supported. Friendly staff, nice rooms. Only cons were the elevator wait and drawer space in the rooms. Otherwise, a great experience.

Dear Michael D,

Well, I certainly can’t disagree – our location is, simply put, perfect! It’s great to know that even though you were here attending a conference, you had the chance to enjoy many of the wonderful things our location has to offer. Being in the center of downtown, it’s even nicer when all those wonderful things are within walking distance! Shopping, dining, museums, nightlife, theater – you name it and it’s all just minutes away. Even the airport is only 3 miles away!

We hope you come back soon as there’s always something new to discover!

Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I stayed at this property on a regular basis over the last year for business trips, each stay has been absolutely wonderful. The hotel is in a great location, with easy access to the freeways, lots of restaurant options, close to the harbor and airport. The rooms are updated and with the standard Westin-style decor. The service at this location however is what makes the hotel really stand out for me. Over the course of my stays, the staff members made a point to get to know me and always address me by name. They also got to know my preferences and made every stay very comfortable. This was a great home away from home.

Thank you so much to Dorothy, Jeanine, Reuben, Shayna, Kevin and everyone else who made my stays absolutely wonderful.

Room Tip: Rooms near the elevators can be noisy. Rooms facing Horton plaza may also be noisy due to the const...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear iheartfood621

And we “iheart” repeat guests! Reading your review was such a great way to start the day and I was thrilled to hear about the personal connections you’ve made with the staff – Dorothy, Jeanine, Ruben, Shayna and Kevin. You can be sure I will pass along your thanks.

And I want to take this opportunity to thank you! We know you have many hotels to choose from and we appreciate you considering us your “home away from home”. I also spend a lot of time on the road too, so I know firsthand how nice it is when you feel you’re staying with friends!

See you soon!