Very nice hotel, room was nice, clean and comfortable. The Concierge was very helpful. We were there on July 4 and tried to get a dinner reservation at The Fish Market. When we called, we were told they were not taking reservations. When we mentioned this in passing to the Concierge, she said "really!... let me give them a call". She called and we were placed on a "preferred list" for 7PM. When we got there, the restaurant was filled to capacity and the line to put your name on a list for a table was very long. When we reached the reservationist, we gave our name and we were asked, did we want a table on the outside on the water or inside? We were shock, said on the water" and were "Immediately" taken to a table! We had perfect seats to enjoy the 9PM fireworks display. Parking is valet (a major mall/shopping center is next door... also at a cost, you "could" park there and walk over to the hotel... but that is a hassle). The valet service (getting the car anytime we needed it) all went very smoothly; the only downside is that the valet parking is $36 per night, which was the highest among any of the other hotels in the area. The pool and hot tub were a disappointment, but then again, if you go to San Diego in the summer, chances are you are going so that you can go to the beach.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Gaslamp Quarter, San Diego Hotel San Diego
- Westin Gaslamp Quarter, San Diego Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarteris ideally located in the heart of downtown San Diego's historic and vibrant Gaslamp Quarter. Your unparalleled San Diego Accommodations include every imaginable amenity as well as proximity to all a Gaslamp Quarter Hotel offers: the very best of San Diego shopping, dining, entertainment and cultural activities. With striking bay and cityscape views, The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter Hotel features 450 guestrooms and suites, all tastefully remodeled to create a sense of calm and balance—a sanctuary of soothing color palettes, natural wood and stone accents and stylish décor. It’s a Downtown San Diego hotel without compare. Here you will enjoy incomparable San Diego accommodations like a Heavenly Bed®, flat-screen TV and spa-inspired bath amenities. You will leave feeling rested, energized and renewed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Starwood, Priceline, Orbitz, Amex, Otel, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.