I was recently a guest at the westin gaslamp in San Diego. My National Association was hosting a conference at the hotel so I spent just shy of a week there. My stay was enjoyable and the meeting rooms were more than adequate, except for the one room with a large pillar in the middle which blocked view of the speaker for many attendees.
The highlight, however, was a guided run with a bellman, Kevin J. Upon reading the guest services book of the hotel (something I have finally learned to do early in a stay rather than later), I learned that I could book a run/workout with a Westin Employee. I went to the concierge desk and learned that Kevin J. took guests on runs by appt. I went over to Kevin J. and he booked a run for me at 6:30 the next day, coming in 1 hour early to do so. I asked if I needed a group and he replied that he was happy to do this for just me, or more. Cost? Zero for guests. Tips? Yes, of course. Kevin met me the next morning and took me on a run through the city to the Harbor, giving me interesting facts along the way. Half way we stopped for squats, lunges, push ups and jumping jacks, then we headed back. As a woman who enjoys a good run while traveling, this beat the treadmill, gave me a local's view of the city and made me feel safe in an unfamiliar city.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Gaslamp Quarter, San Diego Hotel San Diego
- Westin Gaslamp Quarter, San Diego Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarteris ideally located in the heart of downtown San Diego's historic and vibrant Gaslamp Quarter. Your unparalleled San Diego Accommodations include every imaginable amenity as well as proximity to all a Gaslamp Quarter Hotel offers: the very best of San Diego shopping, dining, entertainment and cultural activities. With striking bay and cityscape views, The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter Hotel features 450 guestrooms and suites, all tastefully remodeled to create a sense of calm and balance—a sanctuary of soothing color palettes, natural wood and stone accents and stylish décor. It’s a Downtown San Diego hotel without compare. Here you will enjoy incomparable San Diego accommodations like a Heavenly Bed®, flat-screen TV and spa-inspired bath amenities. You will leave feeling rested, energized and renewed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Starwood, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Olotels, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Otel so you can book your The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.