By far, the best thing about the hotel is that it is in the heart of downtown San Diego on Broadway, next to the Westfield Mall with a ton of shopping. USS Midway, Harbor Cruise, the trolly/Coaster, all within minutes walking distance. Little Italy is about a mile out.
1. Valet is $36 (not including tip). If you ever have been to SD then you know parking here is impossible and they can charge you whatever because literally, there is no place to park. And if you do find parking, you will be still paying a hefty fee ($25-40) and far from your destination. There are some spots where parking is $10/$12 or a little more. Not in a good local spot though.
2. If you stay in the "cheaper rooms" you get no breakfast. You stay in a more expensive room, you get breakfast. Hmmm. Sounds like they built the cost of the room in with the breakfast so.....
3. If you stay in the "cheaper rooms" you get BASIC cable. And the cable SUCKS. Channels are fuzzy, not a lot of options at all.
4. If you stay in the (yes you got it) "cheaper rooms" you pay for wi-fi. ?? Who does this anymore??? Everyone, EVERYONE offers wi-fi. Come on Westin, get with it in this dept.
So, I have stayed in some pretty NICE 5 start hotels and paid the same rate as I did here ($175) and got all of the above INCLUDED with my room.
Other than that, the rooms - the beds - very comfortable. We liked the fact we were close to everything.
I'd stay in a Westin again, but not this one for the very reasons above.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarteris ideally located in the heart of downtown San Diego's historic and vibrant Gaslamp Quarter. Your unparalleled San Diego Accommodations include every imaginable amenity as well as proximity to all a Gaslamp Quarter Hotel offers: the very best of San Diego shopping, dining, entertainment and cultural activities. With striking bay and cityscape views, The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter Hotel features 450 guestrooms and suites, all tastefully remodeled to create a sense of calm and balance—a sanctuary of soothing color palettes, natural wood and stone accents and stylish décor. It’s a Downtown San Diego hotel without compare. Here you will enjoy incomparable San Diego accommodations like a Heavenly Bed®, flat-screen TV and spa-inspired bath amenities. You will leave feeling rested, energized and renewed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Starwood, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Tingo, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Gaslamp Quarter, San Diego Hotel San Diego