“New hotel, perfect location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #127 of 273 Hotels in San Diego
Phoenix
“New hotel, perfect location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Visited San Diego over valentine's day weekend and stayed here in the new building at the hotel. Rooms were very clean, bright and new. We had pretty views of the harbor. The bed was very comfortable, bathroom really nice. Only complaints had to do with sound. The windows don't keep out the sounds of traffic and you can hear neighbors on both sides and above you. Staff was very helpful and gave great tips for exploring the local area on foot and recommendations for restaurants. We would definitely stay here again. Keep up the great work.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Vienna Va
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

I just stayed here the last night of a trip, since it was close to the airport. My room was very nice - spacious and well-furnished. I was put off by the multiple buildings, since the front desk was in a different building, as was the restaurant. My early departure meant I could not take advantage of the breakfast. I did run into the lobby for a newspaper - again the separate building was an irritant. My short internet use worked well, as did the large flat screen TV.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Rhinna M, Manager at Holiday Inn San Diego-Bayside, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear AndyZ18: Thank you so much for posting your comment regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Bayside. Please allow me to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with the unique layout of the hotel. I know that many people are surprised to find that property is not your typical Holiday Inn as our 291 rooms are spread out all throughout. Maybe duirng a future visit to San Diego, you can reserve a room in our Bayside Building where the lobby is located. We would sincerely like another opportunity to win back your good faith to the hotel and we look forward to serving you in the future. Thank you so much! Sincerely, Rhinna B Meyer - Rooms Division Manager
los angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Just arrived home from staying here the last 3 nights. I stayed here for a work trip because all of the closer hotels to the Convention Center were full or a lot more expensive. When I first arrived and checked in I gave my rewards number and received no "extra perks". Almost ALL of the other Holiday Inns I've stayed at have either given a "goody" bag or coupons for being a rewards member. I was a little disappointed to receive nothing for a hotel in such a hot touristy spot. My room was nice if you looked out the back patio which was on the first floor by the putting green. It wasn't a bad room except that the noise from the street (which was about 10 yards away) was pretty loud at night. I had to leave the TV on so it didn't bother me. Another thing I found weird was that my room didn't get attended to the first night. It wasn't a big deal because I didn't "need" it to be but I've never had that happen. It was a decent sized room with everything you needed so it did the job. We used the spa our last night and ate at the Cafe there every night. The food was expensive for what you got but there wasn't many options around so that also did the job. It's about 4 miles from the convention center and airport. Is the location great? Not particularly. If you want to be downtown or in a specific area without having to drive, pay the difference to stay there. There's really not a whole lot around the hotel to eat or walk to but it wasn't terrible. The pool is nice but small and there are some outdoor activities which were nice. I wouldn't recommend staying here if you plan on using it as a resort obviously. It's a typical hotel with basic stuff that does the job.

Room Tip: Get a room that doesn't face the street
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear amanda42: Thank you so much for writing your comments regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Bayside. We appreciate feedback from our guests regardless of its nature. First and foremost please allow me to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Clearly it is not unreasonable to expect a rooom accomodation to have been inspected by the housekeeping supervisor and I apologize that your room was not serviced. I am so sorry that you were not able to explore the area that well especially the Liberty Station which is a mixed-use development near the hotel that includes retail and commercial district, a promenade, residential and hotel district and a park/open space area along the boat channel. There are several dozens restaurants that offers a wide array of different cuisines. The Shelter Island area is another place that you can explore with a bunch of waterfront restaurants. We look forward to your travels bringing you back to San Diego in the near future and having you as our guest again at the Holiday Inn. Sincerely, Rhinna B Meyer - Rooms Division Manager
Talking Rock, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

We spent 5 weeks at this hotel and plan to come back next year and do it again! This place is truly a home away from home. The hotel must have super management, since every area of service from check-in, maid service, special request, restaurant, transportation were all outstanding! When we did experience a minor problem, the manager was prompt in addressing and correcting the situation. As of our stay, all rooms were being updated. We stayed in both the new and old building and found both to be very nice and comfortable.

Room Tip: The new addition is more up-to-date.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights. Hotel was really nice although a little dated. Perfect location to walk across to the marina where there were a few restaurants to chose from for dinner. There is a swimming pool / bar and snack shop on site. Pleasant stay and was perfect for the 2 nights we were there.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Rhinna M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn San Diego-Bayside, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear Lauren B: Thank you so much for posting your review about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Bayside. I am happy that you enjoyed the amenities we offer and I'm glad you had a pleasant stay with us. I also want to inform you that we are currently renovating that includes changing of all the case goods in the room. We look forward to seeing you again during a future visit to San Diego. Sincerely, Rhinna B Meyer - Rooms Division Manager
Albany, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here once before and wasn't impressed, but given the location it was worth coming back. All I have to say is "wow". This place has been updated and it shows. I'm in the "new building", which is spotless. This is the first hotel I've traveled to that has had enough power outlets and they are all right where you need them. Super friendly staff and great location.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Rhinna M, Manager at Holiday Inn San Diego-Bayside, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear Mike B : Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your visit and were impressed with our service. We take pride in our customer service training programs and empower our staff to make decisions to make the guest happy. Thank you again for your words of praise and sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you again. Sincerely, Rhinna B Meyer - Rooms Division Manager
Waterford, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

My flight today from San Diego to Atlanta was delayed by 6 hours causing me to miss my connection so I booked this hotel on the IHG website as it was close to the airport and offered airport pickup. I was surprised when we pulled up, they have added a new 5 story building to the property and the new building is superb. I was upgraded to an executive room which is marvelous. The staff are great and was greeted by Patty at the front desk with a great big friendly smile. The shuttle runs from 0430 to 2400 which is great as I have a 0700 flight out in the morning. It has a nice pool and etc. My room is 10 times nicer than the 30 year old resort I stayed at for the last 4 nights here in San Diego. If I need to come back here this will be the Hotel for me.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the new building
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
DearLouis320: Thank you so much for posting your review and tak about your experience regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Bayside. We always appreciate hearing from our guests. I am pleased to learn of the outstanding service you received from our staff. Thank you for recognizing Patsy for her great big friendly smile. We pride ourselves with the staff that we have and we feel really fortunate to have them in our team. We would love to welcome you back to our hotel on a future visit to San Diego. Sincerely, Rhinna B Meyer - Room Division Manager