“What a GREAT Place to Stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #138 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
Talking Rock, Georgia
“What a GREAT Place to Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

We spent 5 weeks at this hotel and plan to come back next year and do it again! This place is truly a home away from home. The hotel must have super management, since every area of service from check-in, maid service, special request, restaurant, transportation were all outstanding! When we did experience a minor problem, the manager was prompt in addressing and correcting the situation. As of our stay, all rooms were being updated. We stayed in both the new and old building and found both to be very nice and comfortable.

Room Tip: The new addition is more up-to-date.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights. Hotel was really nice although a little dated. Perfect location to walk across to the marina where there were a few restaurants to chose from for dinner. There is a swimming pool / bar and snack shop on site. Pleasant stay and was perfect for the 2 nights we were there.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Rhinna M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn San Diego-Bayside, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear Lauren B: Thank you so much for posting your review about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Bayside. I am happy that you enjoyed the amenities we offer and I'm glad you had a pleasant stay with us. I also want to inform you that we are currently renovating that includes changing of all the case goods in the room. We look forward to seeing you again during a future visit to San Diego. Sincerely, Rhinna B Meyer - Rooms Division Manager
Albany, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here once before and wasn't impressed, but given the location it was worth coming back. All I have to say is "wow". This place has been updated and it shows. I'm in the "new building", which is spotless. This is the first hotel I've traveled to that has had enough power outlets and they are all right where you need them. Super friendly staff and great location.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Rhinna M, Manager at Holiday Inn San Diego-Bayside, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear Mike B : Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your visit and were impressed with our service. We take pride in our customer service training programs and empower our staff to make decisions to make the guest happy. Thank you again for your words of praise and sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you again. Sincerely, Rhinna B Meyer - Rooms Division Manager
Waterford, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

My flight today from San Diego to Atlanta was delayed by 6 hours causing me to miss my connection so I booked this hotel on the IHG website as it was close to the airport and offered airport pickup. I was surprised when we pulled up, they have added a new 5 story building to the property and the new building is superb. I was upgraded to an executive room which is marvelous. The staff are great and was greeted by Patty at the front desk with a great big friendly smile. The shuttle runs from 0430 to 2400 which is great as I have a 0700 flight out in the morning. It has a nice pool and etc. My room is 10 times nicer than the 30 year old resort I stayed at for the last 4 nights here in San Diego. If I need to come back here this will be the Hotel for me.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the new building
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
DearLouis320: Thank you so much for posting your review and tak about your experience regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Bayside. We always appreciate hearing from our guests. I am pleased to learn of the outstanding service you received from our staff. Thank you for recognizing Patsy for her great big friendly smile. We pride ourselves with the staff that we have and we feel really fortunate to have them in our team. We would love to welcome you back to our hotel on a future visit to San Diego. Sincerely, Rhinna B Meyer - Room Division Manager
Sunshine Coast, Queensland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

I was so impressed how the staff went out of their way to assist. I arrived late at night and Brendan on the front desk was so friendly and welcoming! I had a great morning exploring the local area and enjoyed the hotel so much I decided to extend my stay. The girl on the desk (Christina I think) advised my room was booked by someone else for that night and offered me assistance to move rooms, she then called back half hour later and had managed to move the incoming guests so I could stay put. I really appreciated her putting in the effort as the hotel was quite full. Shuttle bus service is so quick, professional and convenient. There is quite a few restaurants in the area (the pub on the marina, and the pizza place were both great).. Denny`s is around the corner (a novelty for those not from the US!.. tasty, cheap American diner) and a supermarket and more cafes at at Liberty station, a 10 min walk. The pool and gym were nice too. A perfect stop between flights!

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Aurora, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

This is a good Holiday Inn. The overall facilities and the amenities offered - pool, exercise, etc., are really excellent. However, there were what appeared to be blood stains on the sheets. They were changed out as soon as it was mentioned but it does make one wonder. The faucet for the shower was loosened so setting a temperature was difficult. These are the kinds of things that keep good facilities from being great.

Room Tip: Because the hotel is in different buildings one should check to see how far they might have to walk...
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

This visually striking new hotel tower with its elegant grand lobby, brand new rooms (suites), boardroom and large metal exterior sculpture (called Intersect) is a thing of beauty. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable about the property and area (Point Loma). I've been here before the property was expanded and can't believe what a great job they did with the new addition. Lots to see and do right around the hotel. Proximity to the airport and San Diego Bay are ideal. My trip was way too short, but I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Can't wait to return to this place soon!

Room Tip: Ask for a bay view. Promiximity to San Diego Bay/Pacific Ocean is breathtaking. What a great job the...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn San Diego-Bayside? Share your experiences!