Heeding all the advice on Trip Advisor, I booked through Hotels.com which included the resort fee, though the receptionist at the front desk tried to charge me anyway, I brought receipt of booking and inclusion of the fee. The valet parking is for a 24 hour period and ours was waived as the check out agent felt it wasn't worth charging the card, nice. Not so nice is four days after check-out I am looking at a pending change for $100 on my credit card that I can't get a straight answer about and I really hate these type of errors and disputes from an establishment that sees itself as elite in customer service.
The grounds are beautiful, the pool at the spa is saline and 82 degrees, the pools in the main inn area are also heated and open till 11, and the hot tubs are very nice as well. These "upgraded linens" that are boasted about on the website are a joke. I can sleep well at a Motel 6, but I literally lost 3 hours trying to fall asleep on rock hard pillows and the comforters are polyester filled with lumps. The rooms are perfectly nice, but not much more. There is not an elevator in the whole place, so be prepared to haul your luggage up or down stairs if you are not one who calls for a bellhop.
I would recommend the Spa to a friend, but no the hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Rancho Bernardo Hotel San Diego
- Rancho Bernardo Hotel
- Rancho Bernardo San Diego
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in San Diego, Rancho Bernardo Inn offers business and leisure guests an experience that is both peaceful and rejuvenating. A member of the distinguished Preferred Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Rancho Bernardo Inn is a destination resort known for its exquisite golf, spa facilities, and exceptional cuisine. A true destination for the entire family, the 265-acre property features 288 luxuriously appointed guestrooms, three swimming pools, an award-winning full-service spa and fitness center, multiple dining outlets, room service or in-room dining, and extensive meeting and event facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal , Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Rancho Bernardo Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.