We had an amazing 'Staycation' last week at the RB Inn. (We only live 4.8 miles from the resort.) My husband golfed, I enjoyed the gorgeous setting and the kids LOVED the kid's program. Were lucky enough to be placed right off of the Santiago Pool where all the activities take place and the convenience was perfect. While I sipped coffee and watched Olympics after breakfast, I knew the kids were in good hands in their 'Kids Club' 2 doors down. Some of their 'Kids Rule' highlights:
1. Welcome Bucket of goodies
2. Friday night Weekend Kickoff + Family Party (free food & drinks for the adults too!)
Meet other families and enjoy free food, drink & live music at the Santiago Pool.
3. Slope Sled + Super Soaked: Sledding down a grassy hill on an inner tube while onlookers try to drench you with their water.
4. Dive-In Movie + S’mores: Family friendly flicks and s’mores making under the stars while making a splash in the pool.
5. Daily Kids Club Activities:
a. Bucket of Balls + Bag of Sticks- Unlimited access to Golf Driving Range, No junior clubs, no problem – find them in the Golf Shop!
b. Santiago Pool Fun -Enjoy water basketball, glow-in-the-dark corn toss, ping pong & more.
c. AMPED Lounge - Kids can enjoy interactive Wii games, Friday & Saturday movie showings + more. (Decorated this summer in an Olympic theme!)
d. - COOL OUT Lounge (Decorated in a Pirate/Mermaid theme.)
Kids get hands-on with paint, playdoh, books & magazines, playing cards, board games, and more! and the counselors who staff it are AMAZING with kids. My daughter never wanted to leave. She made a picture frame and a tie-dye scarf while watching the Olympics and hanging out with other kdis.
e. Kids Feast for FREE
Show a wristband for free eats at Veranda Fireside Lounge & Restaurant, Café Granada, In-room Dining & Golf Grill. Plus, enjoy grilled eats and cool treats at Santiago Pool. THIS PART is AMAZING for the kids. It's like being at on a cruise. They can walk up and order ANYTHING to eat anywhere on the resort. They LOVED it.
f. ‘S’mores + Snores’ - Kids will enjoy inn-room camping in their own tent and sleeping bag. Includes teddy bear and s’mores kit to roast in the fire pit right off of the Santiago pool.
g. Treasure Hunt + Fountains Walking Tour
Take the family on a self guided tour through the Inn’s gardens and see the 25+ fountains. Turn in completed map to receive a real treasure! This is a lot of fun for the whole family and makes sure that you see the entire resort.
h. Blue Sky Ecological Preserve (Off Property)
Receive access to a self guided tour of this reserve’s 700-acre oak-lined canyon flanked by coastal sage scrub and chaparral-covered hills. Contact Concierge for details.
i. Pizza Party + Family Night (Inn-Room)
Enjoy some R&R + quality time after a fun-filled day. Receive pizza delivered to your room along with sodas + a movie from the video library.
j. Also - their Town Car will drive you and your family anywhere you need to go within a 10 mile limit of the resort!
I did not utilize the spa on this trip - but have in the past and it is worthy of its own review. Well worth the price of 1 service to access the spa pool/sauna/hot tub for the day.
We'll definitely be back next summer and plan on brining a large group of friends with us! Who can beat a deluxe resort vacation that only took 8 minutes to get to?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in San Diego, Rancho Bernardo Inn offers business and leisure guests an experience that is both peaceful and rejuvenating. A member of the distinguished Preferred Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Rancho Bernardo Inn is a destination resort known for its exquisite golf, spa facilities, and exceptional cuisine. A true destination for the entire family, the 265-acre property features 288 luxuriously appointed guestrooms, three swimming pools, an award-winning full-service spa and fitness center, multiple dining outlets, room service or in-room dining, and extensive meeting and event facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Rancho Bernardo Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rancho Bernardo Hotel San Diego
- Rancho Bernardo San Diego