Chosen by my employer because they could get a very competitve rate compared to other hotels in the area. Just off I15-J21 Carmel Mountain exit. Rooms are in spaced out buildings of 6 rooms, 3 up & 3 down, spaced out. Large spacious room with coffee maker, TV & free wifi and walk in wardrobe area. No safe, no fridge. Bed large and soft - too soft for me and I awoke with backache each morning, but that seems to be par for US hotel beds. 110v US flat pin only for shaver socket. Lovely grounds but only for golfers - non-golf guests are confined to just around the buildings. Pool behind reception. There's a spa center with gym, sauna and 2nd pool. Breakfast hot buffet or cold buffet. Local Golfers queue to get in as restaurant opens for breakfast because the hotel does offers of breakfast + round of golf. Happy hour 4pm-7pm reduced prices on some drinks ($1 off selected beers) and reduced price bar food (separate menu - some same dishes as main menu starters but a bit lower price). The clam chouder is to be recommended. If you book cost of breakfast to your room number, check the last day is on the invoice when you check out. I checked out over 4 hours after completing breakfast and didn't notice accounts hadn't made up the invoice fully. Caused big problems with my travel claim to employer because Company credit card payment (which had been made up) didn't tally with invoice total (which didn't show last breakfast).
Room service seemed to make my room last and weren't overly dilligent in replenishing the tea bags & coffee beside the coffee maker. Arrived back late one afternoon and was just about to get in shower when room service knocked and opened door, which I'd neglected to put the security catch on.
There's a Supermarket (Albertsons) but not much else in walking distance just across the road - got a phone card for $5.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- North of downtown San Diego and the International Airport, our resort sits on 130 acres lined with beautiful trees and flowers. Enjoy a day of golf on our lush green course managed by Troon Golf Management. We are within walking distance to over 100 restaurants and shops and are close to The San Diego Zoo's Wild Animal Park and popular North County Fair Shopping Center. Experience our welcoming staff and signature Doubletree Chocolate Chip Cookies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Golf Resort San Diego reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Golf Resort San Diego Hotel San Diego
- Doubletree San Diego
- Doubletree Hotel San Diego