“Mexico Tour Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars

$15*
and up
Ranked #134 of 327 Activities in San Diego
More attraction details
Owner description: We are proud to be San Diego's Tour Bus Leader since 1972. We specialize in international group transportation and tour services for all types of groups and individuals. We continue to expand and provide the safest, most dependable charter bus service in San Diego,Southern Californi0a and Mexico. With our diverse fleet of charter buses, we can accommodate any size group from the business traveler seeking airport service to the corporate event planner seeking group transportation. Five Star Tours & Charter Bus Company is a respected leader in the transportation industry. We know how to go that extra mile for complete customer satisfaction!
San Diego, California
“Mexico Tour Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I took the Tijuana, Baja CA tour on a Saturday, the weekend of Comic Con. The bus was almost at capacity. It was a first for me and I enjoyed it. I want to thank the staff for your courtesy and professionalism. More so, THANKS to the driver who did a great job communicating and making me feel at ease about my travel into Mexico!

"Skipper"

Visited July 2013

Birmingham, Alabama
8 attraction reviews
“Just don't!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

If you can, find another way!

We booked a return Legoland shuttle with All San Diego Tours, which uses Five Star to run the tours. Turned up to the pickup location at the designated time, no one picked us up. Waited for an hour - called all the numbers left on the office windows in case of 'dispatch emergency' and just went around and around different message banks.

I was contacted by someone later in the day to apologise and re-arrange for the next day. But when we turned up, no one had any idea of this replacement tour. Wasted more and more time at the office until we finally set off more than half an hour late.

After a nice day at Legoland - we waited at the location we had agreed upon, we specifically asked the driver as we got off the bus to confirm. When no one turned up, we started calling the endless cycle for numbers/message banks again...we were stranded for over an hour, about to take a $120 taxi back to SD when a kind lady finally turned up. It wasn't her fault - she'd be called to fill in for the other driver due to some kind of 'mix up'.

Ridculous and unprofressional - a complete lack of communication and did not respond to any of my emails or requests to discuss/find a solution. I usually wouldn't give a harsh 1-star review but is completely justified in this case.

Visited June 2013
Columbia, Missouri
8 attraction reviews
“Fun to learn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is an educational and fun four hour tour of San Diego, LaJolla and Coronado. Tour guide Atola Gonzalez is outstanding. She was knowledgeable, entertaining and very friendsly. The tour has several stops including one with enough time for a quick snack. The only disappointment was the expectation that the tour vehicle would be some kind of comfortable bus or minibus. Instead, because there were only nine people, the vehicle was a standard 10-12 passenger van. Getting in an out was a major chore and the van was uncomfortable, rough riding and noisy. I had a party of six and had I known that the tour would be in a van rather than the tour bus shown on the website, I would have scheduled the tour at a different time. I would highly recommend Five Star Tours, but ask about the vehicle.

Visited July 2013
Boa Vista, Cape Verde
“five star tours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Five star tours has one of the best services in the county,with professional and friendly staff that makes your events be the best night ,I strongly recommend five starts to any one that's having a event.

Visited June 2013
fivestartours, Manager at Five Star Tours, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
We value your feedback and look forward to seeing you again on our tours!
San Diego, California
“Very great time in snow summit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

It was my first time for skiing, and Michael, the bus guide was really nice and take time for us to find the location where I could find the instructor and all the renting places for the clothes. He was very helpul to me, and he even offer me to be my coach. Thank you for his patience!
His a great guy! I will come back to skiing with them for sure!
Waiting for the next winter to go skiing with them!

Visited February 2013

Been to Five Star Tours? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Five Star Tours, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.