“Fantastic foods and cocktails” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe 21 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 4,054 restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Eclectic
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Idaho
Description: Cafe21 is a full service eatery - try our always savory, homemade dishes created with fresh, organic produce from local farms. Or cool down after a long day with our farm-to-bar, refreshing infused drinks made with organic vodka. We provide our home made bread sandwiches, fresh organic salads, hearty breakfasts, and wide selection of organic coffees, teas, and much more. Our heart and soul is invested into creating the most satisfying dishes from the finest ingredients straight from the earth. Stop by and taste what Mother Nature is stirring in our kitchen.
Catania, Italy
“Fantastic foods and cocktails”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I went to this place with a local and was highly recommended... this place stays packed with business among other places right next to it... I was surprised the staff was full of energy (host carried around some display cocktails like a show) and they were also helpful with picking the food... all the dishes I saw looked awesome and well displayed. I had the Turkish Lavish Rolls and my friend had the Strawberry? salad... not sure the name but great eats all around... highly recommended.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

93% Recommend
San Diego
“Hidden local find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

This cafe is the last place you would expect to find in a small lot next to a liquor store. Great food, I go frequently for lunch.So glad to work near here.Great breakfast and lunch items.Only ate here once for dinner. Everything is wonderful.The service is good, very attentive and they know the menu items well. All are a treat as it is homemade.The sandwiches and salads are a must try. Love the infusion teas.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta
“Nice, unique and good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Had a business dinner here and the food, service and menu was really good. Tried the sangria flight and enjoyed the variety of wines. Unique food was quite enjoyable.

Visited April 2013
Portland, OR
“Meh”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I was excited to come here for the sangria and the organic food, based on reviews read here and on yelp. The service was slow - took over an hour to get our food. We were told the kitchen was backed up because of some large groups (I only saw one). We tried many of the sangrias and they weren't that great. The food was fine - I wouldn't say it was exceptional but it was good. Definitely not worth the wait. We did get a free dessert because of the long wait for our food. This restaurant has potential but it needs to make improvements in service and food before I come back here again.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Delicious and cool”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Chose Cafe 21 for a casual business lunch based on TripAdvisor rating. We had such a pleasant experience. The menu is not large, but each item is really interesting and everything except the ketchup is made on-site. I had the Rosemary Roasted Lamb sandwich with homemade potato chips and the Goji Berry iced tea. Highly recommended.
Enjoyed it so much, I went back for breakfast and had the strawberry crepes. Loved every bite.
Attentive service and reasonable prices.
Wish I lived in San Diego so I could go back again and again to try every item on the menu.

• Visited April 2013