“Perfect Way To Experience San Diego!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Old Town Trolley Tours of San Diego

Old Town Trolley Tours of San Diego
4010 Twiggs Street, San Diego, CA 92101 (Old Town)
619-298-8687
Website
Improve this listing
Book ahead on Expedia
Book a Tour
Ranked #26 of 327 Activities in San Diego
Activities: Group tours/train
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover America’s Finest City aboard Old Town Trolley Tours of San Diego. This two hour, fully narrated tour will show you San Diego and Coronado with stops at Seaport Village, Old Town, the Gaslamp Quarter, Horton Plaza, Little Italy, Balboa Park and the World-Famous San Diego Zoo. With 11 stops, guests can disembark for shopping, dining and attractions. Old Town Trolley Tours has a 100% money back guarantee.
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
“Perfect Way To Experience San Diego!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I am staying in the San Diego area for business & had one day of down time. I am not one to generally travel solo, in fact this was my first trip without my husband present! I wanted to see all of the sites & experience what San Diego had to offer in the most safe & efficient way possible; the Old Town Trolley Tour was perfect. I pre-booked my ticket online & received a reduced rate, I then made my way to Seaport Village where I presented my ticket, received a map & guidance from the helpful staff. The trolleys run every 15-30min depending on the stop. It is a hop-on, hop-off tour, so you can stroll through the different areas at your own leisure. I am SO glad that I tried this today! The trolley drivers provide entertaining facts about the San Diego area, I love history so this was right up my alley. Highlights of my day were Coronado, Balboa Park & Old Town. San Diego is a wonderful city with so much to offer, I felt at ease & comfortable at every destination. I will be back to San Diego for a dedicated personal holiday (with my husband) & we will probably book the 2 day tour next time. There is so much to see & do, there are many free museums to take in, amazing food and of course there's the ocean. I would recommend this tour company to anyone- they are professional & genuinely good at what they do!

Visited February 2013

• Korean first
Ada, Michigan
20 attraction reviews
“We Rode The Whole Time and Saw Each Stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We got on the trolley right outside of our hotel in Seaport Village. We rode through each stop although we did get off on Coranado Island and then jumped right back on to see the rest of the stops. Our driver's name was Larry and he was very good at describing each place but also providing additional history and stories about the sites and of San Diego too. We would ride again because it gets you to several places in one day and and allows you the flexibility of getting off and visiting where you would like.

Visited February 2013
West Chester Ohio
10 attraction reviews
“Old Town Trolley Makes Seeing San Diego Easy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Great way to get around San Diego to all the pertinent tourist stops. If you get on in Old Town, you can park your car for free which is a benefit. We also bought our tickets to the USS Midway at the trolley kiosk, saved a few bucks and saved waiting in line when we got to the Midway.

Visited January 2013
Binghamton
9 attraction reviews
“Great Way to Tour San Diego”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Did this tour and found it a great way to get a feel for San Diego. We had gotten on & off so we ended up having 4 different drivers over the course of our ride. The tour was enjoyable, however, at one point there was a lot of passing pictures around to view and it seemed distracting after a while. All guides were very knowledgeable and helpful. It is a great way to get around and not have to drive to each location.

Visited January 2013
Wilmington, North Carolina
8 attraction reviews
“Trolly Tour is San Diego's best Concierge!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

All of the reviews that are listed accurately portray the tour's many benefits. My wife and I can attest to the convenience and value of the experience, and the comprehensive itinerary of the Tour's route through the city. Prospective passengers might find it helpful to know that the "Old Town Market" stop (stop "A") is not only the point where all trolleys depart to begin the full circuit, but also a stop where all passengers must disembark, no matter where they got on to begin the tour. At first my wife and I were disappointed to learn that we'd have to leave our trolley and then board another to return to where we began (which, I can add, was very conveniently located in front of our hotel). However, it turned out to be a most pleasant stop: The neighborhood is filled with reasonably-priced Mexican restaurants; following a leisurely lunch we had only a very short wait to board the next trolley; and, even if we hadn't taken lunch, this stop provides passengers with the opportunity to use restroom facilities just a few steps away (and handicapped-accessible via elevator). One note of advice: Some reviewers mention long waits for trolleys when they chose to stop along the circuit and then later resume their trip. If you have a car, as we did, keep in mind that you can return to any point that catches your interest, and explore it at your leisure. Having decided in advance to do just that, we found that we were able to relax on the trolley, keep our seating place on the vehicle (for a roughly 1 1/2 hour trip, you'll probably find this important), and perhaps most of all, stay with our driver--a wonderfully informative and humorous woman named Sue. To all first-time, or veteran, visitors to this fabulous city, we challenge you to find a better Concierge!

Visited October 2012