“Surprised” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #960 of 4,048 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Mignon is a modern Vietnamese restaurant. Great food and excellent service is what we're about. Our dining area is clean and we can easily accommodate groups of up to 80 guests. We offer a variety of season inspired dishes. Complement your meal with refreshing cocktails, wine, and 8 draft beers.
garden grove
“Surprised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I didn't have high expectations coming in. I figured they wouldn't have real Vietnamese food (just a watered down version). When I read the menu I knew my suspicions where correct. The menu had Vietnamese food spelled with English spelling instead of the traditional Vietnamese words. But, to my suprises they were true to the cusine. Their "bun real" actually tasted authentic. Good for them. Excellent food. Extremely friendly service!

San Diego, California
“The best in SD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Ran across this place one day and fell in love. Always something new. Great choice of dishes and drinks. The staff is phenomenal and it's a perfect place to get together with friends.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Asian Fusion!! I will never try another place like this and not come back.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

Came to this place expecting a good experience but was disappointed. It was Lent and I came for some Pho with vegetarian broth. My waiter put us in the corner which was fine at least I get a table. 15 min pass and she never came back. As she was seating another customer next to us, I flag her down to make my order. The menu look like some kind of Asian fusion. I order shrimp Pho with vegetarian broth, shrimp firecracker, and a rich dish. I notice there is only 2 waiter for the whole night. My food took so long to come out. I was about to leave. Then they never brought out my fire cracker shrimp. Received the bill and find out they had charge me full price for the Long Island Ice Tea when it was Happy Hour. I was also charge $2 more for the vegetarian broth. The Pho was not all that great. Will not come back

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California, USA
“Pho , beer and more”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012 via mobile

If you are a pho purist, stop reading right now :-) or continue and be a little adventurous.

I love this place. Think about it, what makes a great restaurant : great food backed by great service. No, they are not there yet but I would love to see them there.

Their menu is extensive and offers a whole lot of options. They have a good amount of vegetarian options too. The beer and organic tea selection is very good.

The best part is you always get served with a smile, I may be the lucky one who has been there 5 times now and received exceptional service.

Their pho is good, the fried tofu squares are delicious and vermicelli is pretty decent. The beer selection includes beers from local breweries too. The ambiance is modern and nice. It's a pretty chill place that I would recommend.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“I love the new twist and modern approach on vietnamese cuisine, but if your in a rush this may not be the best of choice.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011 via mobile

The food was great and they also have an option to create your own Pho. I have never seen this and this is what has me coming back. I always get bok Choy, meatballs, and carrots. I love the new twist on the menu items compared to a traditional Pho house. They have a great beverage selection and these great teas. The ambiance is nice and they have flat screens every where. it's clean and the staff is nice BUT the service is kind of slow. it took me all most 10 minutes to get someone to take my order-and if your a pho regular you know how fast your food comes out where if I was at a traditional pho house I would have my water, food, and egg rolls in 10 minutes. the first and last time I will ever come here on my lunch hour. it's a pity too because I love their options! Get more waiters please :)