“Great for lunch” 4 of 5 stars

Cross street: G St.
Lake Forest, Illinois
“Great for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I needed to find a lunch place open at 11 AM due to a conference schedule, and ended up here as a number of places open at 11:30. I found the service friendly and of an average speed. The pad thai with shrimp was solid and freshly prepared. The soup was excellent. The lunch also came with a small spring roll and a small salad. The Thai Iced Coffee was not too sweet, which was nice. The best part was the price: only $8, which makes this the cheapest lunch in San Diego I have had so far (I'm sure there are cheaper places but for a sit down place the $8 is good). The food came out fast and was a good lunch portion size--not too much for a change. I'm not sure how this place would be for dinner, and I have had better Thai, but I found it very adequate for my needs and would recommend it for lunch. The booths were very comfortable.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

70% Recommend
  • Thai first
Phoenix, Arizona
“Average Thai, nothing to rave about.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

I stumbled across this restaurant this past weekend. One nice thing was that this was open considering it was pretty late in the evening (around 8). The service was very friendly and attentive. Many of the dishes on the menu sounded appetizing and it was difficult to choose from, so maybe it was just my dish. I don't recall the name, but I had noodles with peanut sauce, broccoli, and carrots. The peanut sauce seemed a little too thick. My colleague had chicken satay and loved it. The friend bananas were also good. If time permitted, I would have gone back to give this place another try. I also noticed that there were several Thai food places in the area--I wonder who their competition is...

Visited June 2012
“Authentic Thai.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

The food here is so good, and we've been to Tailand several times. The green curry and the "som tham" are to die for. Try the peanut sauce, too. Yum.

Visited May 2012
San Diego, California
“Great food at a fair price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

I order from her when I went thai delivered to my house. Delivery takes about an hour-so order well in advance-I order through eat24hours.com. They have a good menu, and I am pleased with whatever I order. I recommend the yellow curry!

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Diego, California
“Grabbed food to go, was very pleased”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

Saw a special price on line so I stopped by will downtown and ordered 2 entrees to go. Have to say the hostess was pleasant and helpful. The food came out quickly and was still warm when I arrived home. Looking forward to visiting again.

• Visited February 2012