“" Romantic Dinner, Awesome View, Great Food , Wonderful Service ! "” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Roy's San Diego Waterfront

Roy's San Diego Waterfront
333 West Harbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92101 (Downtown)
+1 619-239-7697
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Roy's San Diego Waterfront is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #149 of 3,683 Restaurants in San Diego
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood, Pacific Rim
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 1st Avenue
Transit: MTS Trolley stop across the street enar the Convention Center & Marriott Hotel & Marina
El Cajon, California
“" Romantic Dinner, Awesome View, Great Food , Wonderful Service ! "”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2015 NEW

My wife and I went to Roy's on the Waterfront in San Diego last week and had a great Dinner. Roy's tables have a wonderful view of the San Diego Harbor and Yachts. Rachel our server was so nice and professional and would do anything to please us. We started with the Canoe Appetizer for Two, which included Thai Peanut Chicken Satay, Vegetable Spring Rolls, Szechuan Ribs, Spicy Tuna Roll, and Kim Chee & Lobster Pot stickers. it was Awesome ! For the main course my wife and I split the mixed plate of Lobster Tail, Lump Crab Cake & Teppanyaki Shrimp with Creamy Jasmine Rice and Wasabi Butter Sauce. Delicious ! An NOW the Desserts, we had Roy's Melting Hot Chocolate Soufflé with Flourless Chocolate Cake with a Molten Hot Center of Raspberry Coulis and Vanilla Bean Ice Cream. We also shared a Pineapple upside down cake made fresh while we ate our dinner. Fantastic ! If you want a romantic and great tasting dinner in San Diego, go to Roy's on the Waterfront, you will not be disappointed !

• Visited April 2015
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Jersey City, New Jersey
“AMAZING!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2015 NEW

What can I say! the sushi with Wagyu Beef! Simply amazing! the Service was awesome! Great place for a romantic date! Take a minute to find the location! However, it is worth the journey!

Visited April 2015
“Roy let me down”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2015 NEW

Even though it says it's located in the Marriott, it is on the property but detached and a bit weird to find the front door - easier to just head to the marina and find it that way.

Drinks were a bit strong for me, but I think because I had been traveling all day since my friend enjoyed both of ours :) The lobster potstickers, Maui wowi shrimp salad, and Szechuan pork ribs were tasty. The beef short ribs were too salty. We felt a bit rushed by the bus boys always hovering and clearing things off our table, but service otherwise was ok. The best was the view while dining!

Columbus, Ohio
“Fresh food and awesome view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2015 NEW

Went for dinner and really enjoyed it- The sushi and ribs were delicious and the margaritas perfectly paired with the food. My only suggestion would be for the staff. It appeared as waiters were in a hurry, the brought warm towels (which you are supposed to use once you finish) at the very beginning so by the time that we finished they were actually very cold, defeating the purpose. Also they took my plate when I hadn't even finish. Anyway the atmosphere was really nice and the view awesome-

• Visited May 2015
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2015 NEW

Amazing views of the marina and awesome food. I did sushi for an appetizer and it was fantastic and then had tuna for my main dish. Service and food was great overall. They even light a fire by our table when it got cool.

Visited April 2015