“Always great service and seafood” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Roy's San Diego Waterfront

Roy's San Diego Waterfront
333 West Harbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92101 (Downtown)
+1 619-239-7697
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Roy's San Diego Waterfront is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #185 of 3,753 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Hawaiian, Pacific Rim
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 1st Avenue
Transit: MTS Trolley stop across the street enar the Convention Center & Marriott Hotel & Marina
El Paso, Texas
“Always great service and seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The outdoor dining this time of year in San Diego is very nice near the marina.The sushi was good but pricey.

Visited August 2013

Boston
“Great meal at Roy's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I've been to many of the Hawaii Roy's and this Roy's is as good as or better than the HI places. We had the fish combination and it was fantastic - the fish was cooked to perfection. Service was great and the marina views were terrific. The price was fair for top-notch cuisine - figure $100 a head with wine and tip. I highly recommend Roy's.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Fishers, Indiana
“Very good seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I was in San Diego on business and ate at Roy's the first night. If you're not familiar with the location, it was difficult to find via a GPS (it is actually behind the Marriott, so use the Marriott parking lot and walk around back to the big round building). The food was very good - I had the Macadamia Nut Mahi Mahi and my associate had the scallops. The wine selection was also good and priced typically. I thought the entrees were a little pricy, but I'm from the Midwest and not used to California prices. I was a little disapointed that it took a long time to get our bottle of wine, and then the entrees showed up 5 minutes later. The service was excellent intially, but as the restaurant filled up, no one came around to refill the wine glasses. It probably didn't help that 5 tables in a row were seated in our waitress's section. 2 entrees + $32 bottle of wine = $97 bill (tip not included).

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Sarasota, Florida
“It's OK, but there are better places in the area.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

The food was just OK. The view was nonexistent. There are better, less expensive places that have a lot more to offer. Find one of them and experience The city!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“Best sushi I have ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband has eaten here several times on business trips and said we had to check it out. I'm sorry we didn't make it back and only are there once on this trip. It was outstanding! I eat sushi quite often. I have had it in several cities in the US and when I have been in London. This was absolutely the best sushi I have ever had! I did the sashimi sampler and the lobster roll. They had gluten free soy which made me very happy. My dinner was so amazing I don't even remember what my husband had or other people at our table. It was that good. I do remember that everyone was very happy with their meals. And all I keep thinking about is how outstanding the sushi was. It was really that good! This will be on the list when we return to San Diego.

• Visited July 2013