“Good Places for Healthy Food - Fast” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #189 of 3,722 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American, Fast Food, Vegetarian, Vegan
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Description: Presenting a healthy alternative to typical fast food: Evolution Fast Food in San Diego features an extensive eat-in menu and a drive-thru dishing out fresh, delicious vegan cuisine daily! Evolution Fast Food is the only drive-thru restaurant in San Diego offering a healthy, delicious, vegetarian & vegan menu.
Phoenix
“Good Places for Healthy Food - Fast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I unfortunately didn't find this place until I was leaving on my way to airport, but next time I travel to San Diego I will try the other menu items. I quickly picked up chili cheese fries and a strawberry shake. Both were excellent. The chili was not bland and flavorful. Since I can't eat dairy products the strawberry shake was wonderful. It was thick, creamy and tasted like a dairy ice cream shake with real strawberries. Everything was fresh. The parking is confusing and they do have a drive thru and patio setting in the back.

It is conveniently located in the area of Balboa Park.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

San Diego, California
“vegan fast food w/ drive through”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I've been going to this place, and Veg-n-Out for years now but I have to say that Evolution has really stepped up there game. Although always good I feel like their burgers are of better quality, bigger n tastier. Fresh! Vegan! Fast! Great location just acrossed the street from Balboa Park! Fairly inexpensive. Have gluten free options. I also like to get a restaurants housemade patty whenever available over a soy-protein patty. The only thing I didn't like, and this has always been, is their housemade patty is a bit dry, however, I will continue to get it, cuz it's still awesome. The great sauces make up for this, I think!

Visited April 2013
Newbury Park, California
“Best vegan food I've ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

My daughter and I got burgers and they were fantastic. She got a vanilla shake and said it was the best she'd had. In fact the food was so yummy I got a salad and she got a veggie sandwich to go to eat later. The oatmeal cookie and berry cheesecake were hits as well. I will definietly go back when I'm in San Diego!

My only suggestion would be to sweep and spruce up the outside patio seating area.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“The best selection of raw, vegan, gluten free choices conveniently located across the street from Balboa Park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

If you need to be well stocked with a variety of vegan, raw, gluten free foods, this is THE PLACE. It is the best choice for those even staying downtown. While you may order food to go from the Drive Thru, it is best to go inside to view the range of dessert selections and other entrees. The shakes and soups are amazing. They also are a resource for Vegan happenings. The real deal and atmosphere is very bohemian.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Diego, California
“YUM!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Vegan everything! I love their whole fresh coconuts. Their "chicken" salad was pretty dang good too.

Visited August 2012