You added Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Mission Valley/Hotel Circle to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Mission Valley/Hotel Circle
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   595 Hotel Circle South, San Diego, CA 92108 (Mission Valley / Hotel Circle)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #152 of 270 Hotels in San Diego
Calgary, Canada
“Ok hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Poor location relative to downtown. Hotel clean and nice. Service good. Food service slow and food mediocre but overpriced. Beds were reasonably comfortable but pillows were terrible. Ample parking but small loading area in front of hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
veronica b, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Mission Valley/Hotel Circle, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear Greg J,

Thank you for providing us with feedback! Please accept our sincere apologies for not meeting your service expectations. Our goal is always to work on improving on any feedback provided. You are a valued customer and we appreciate your business, hope you give us another opportunity to serve you again.

619-481-5865

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Tokyo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Very good location. Friendly staff with clean rooms. Easy access to lots of San Diego attractions. Plenty of good places to eat close by. Less than 10 minutes to San Diego airport. I will certainly stay there again when in San Diego.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Dear Dan M.,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us! Our goal is to provide our customer with a memorable stay. We look forward to having you visit us again!

Hampton, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

LONG READ
Let me start off by saying that I do not like the Hotel Circle area of San Diego. Yes it is close to a lot of the local attractions for those people on vacation. I was on a business trip and I was very disappointed to learn that this was the only hotel we could find due to the number of conventions in the area. This was my first and last stay at this hotel I soon learned why there was still rooms available. Just not any good rooms. Having to pay an additional $18.00 per day just to park there did not set well with me either. When we arrived the staff member that greeted up was nice. This young man was as another reviewer stated "FAKE". If I had wanted a handicap room I could have gotten one right away. I made the wrong choice to wait for the next available king size room. Three hours in fact I waited to have a room assigned to me. And after being told I could get a front view I was ok with that. When I was finally assigned to a room, I almost exploded. I got the last room on floor number six. The only view I got was of the back parking lot. And when I went back down to complain, I was told that the only room available. Oh well, I was not going to spend much time in the room any way, so i decided to just make the best of it. So I go back up to the room to get my belonging arranged for the next six days.

The room itself seemed adequate. That is until I tried to use the internet. The advertised high-speed internet connection was almost non existent. I should have know when the LAN Connection was blurred out in their advertise that something was up. I tried several times to connect to LAN system but that was not happening either. So I called down to the front desk to ask if the internet was out. I was then informed that this hotel does not have an operating LAN system above the fifth floor. Something else that was not advertised. Maybe it would be better in the morning. That was not to be the case.

I then decided to take a shower and get ready for dinner. The shower was fine, no complaints there. But when I went to step out of the shower and looked to my right I could see all the plumbing pipes for the sink. They looked awful. Just not what I am accustomed to seeing in a Marriott hotel. This is not a sight you want to see when you are paying full price for a second rate hotel.

I meet up with a few of my co-workers and off to dinner we went. We were still operating on East Coast time. Upon returning go the hotel I decided to turn in for the night.

Waking up at 2:00 am which was 5:00 am EST I decided to get up and try the internet once again. No different than the previous evening. So I went to take another shower, got dressed for the day and went down to the lobby where I was finally able to get a wi-fi signal strong enough to send an e-mail back to the office to let them know I would be having problems sending reports back to them. For the next five days, I never was able to get a strong enough signal to even make it past my home page. I spent my time down in the lobby along with a lot of other people that could not get a connection in their room. This really sucked. Everyday I was there, I was up and down in the lobby by 2:30 am just to get some work done on the computer. This will never happen again. I will find a room out in the valley and drive the extra miles in to the city just like thousands of other people do everyday.

The TV in the room is set up to scam you. If you are not careful you will be paying for movies that you didn't want to watch. I can just imagine the senior citizen that try to utilize the TV system and get charged for something they really didn't want to watch. If you are challenged by modern technology, please be careful with the TV.

The so called "Bistro" down stairs is way over priced. I didn't eat there. I also watched them handle to much of the food with bare hands. Not very sanitary if you ask me.

Needless to say, I was glad to leave and get home. I love the San Diego area, I just did not enjoy this hotel at all. During the time that I spent in the lobby during the wee hours of the morning, I got to see some very undesirable thing happen which also involved some of the hotel staff members. Yes maybe this is the California way, but lessons in ethics and morals could go a long way in this place.

I am sure that someone has discussed all the possible excuses to use with the staff. Or they have been taught how to make them up.

STAY AT YOUR OWN RISK AND PLEASE READ THE FINE PRINT

Room Tip: Book your stay early to avoid having to choose this hotel.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
veronica b, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Mission Valley/Hotel Circle, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear Rusty 757

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience while staying with us. We have addressed your concerns with the appropriate associate and management staff. We consistently look for ways to improve our service and please know we have taken action to address the issues reported. We are also currently working on updating our internet connectivity as we know how important this is to our customers. Thank you for your time and feedback, we hope you give us another opportunity to serve you.

Thank you.

Shenandoah, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

So Background First...I have over 800 nights in Marriott Hotels. This was probably one of the worse I have ever seen. The guy front desk at check-in was very nice. I went up to my room and walked in to find a big stain in the middle of the carpet. When I went to the bistro 30 minutes before they closed there was a big pad lock over and a metal gate over the drinks. I told a manager it was not a welcoming environment and it looks closed. She didn't care. I spoke to a manger the next morning about how horrific her staff was and she gave a green card with a food credit. I tried to use it that evening and the guy at the bistro wouldn't let me. I just stopped caring. The internet is horrific as well. You pay for valet parking on your room yet most of the time other guest are getting it for free because the gate is up. Something not right there. To sum it up: 1. Food and Beverage Director is a strong as the person making hot dogs at 7-11. 2. They listen and smile...they just don't care. 3. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!

Room Tip: Just Don't Do It
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Richard M,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience while staying with us. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you experienced. We take great pride in ensuring guest satisfaction and unfortunately we did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we ensure you have a great experience on your next visit. At the moment we are working on addressing your experience with our Housekeeping and Bistro along with the internet challenges as we know how important internet connection is for our customers. Again we extend our apologies, and hope you decide to visit us again.

Eugene
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

This was a nice chain hotel. Very clean. Staff was very helpful - they even got a bandage when my husband hurt his hand.

You can get to the Zoo, Balboa Park, etc. by either bus or trolly. If you ride the trolly, you have to purchase your ticket at a station - they do not accept cash, though the bus does. If you chose to take a taxi, as we did to Balboa Park, you are looking at roughly $20.00 each way. Charge for the taxi to the airport, which is downtown, varied from $20 to $29.

I probably would recommend staying in a more central location, though the hotel was completely satisfactory. We were on a San Diego Road Scholar tour, so most of our trips were by coach. Meals were buffet, but the food was very good for a buffet. Put the waffles in the toaster - they tend to get soggy on the steam trays.

Room Tip: As far as I can tell, all the rooms seem to be pretty much identical, though some had a better view...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

I have stayed here a couple of time, I like the concept that Marriot has for Courtyard. On this visit the desk staff, a young man, was SOOOO fake when talking to me it was beyond approach. Not too sure if he liked to mimic vanna white or what, but his hand questers was way over the top and the way he spoke like I was hard of hearing. With this stay I was given a $20 food voucher which was part of the package I got, but Mr White, didn't tell me that I needed to use the whole $20 at once, I was taken back when I went to the Bistro to get a coffee and was explained that I must use the whole voucher at once..

Parking, normally $18 but I am elite with Marriot so I get a reduced rate, but $13/n is steep... It's a comfortable place to stay, but I wont be back to this place...

Room Tip: Higher floors are the best
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Scott B, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Mission Valley/Hotel Circle, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Hello, I want to thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. I greatly appreciate the insite you have provided. I will use your experience as a traning tool so that we can continue to improve our service levels to all our guests.Thank you again for helping us see where we can improve.

Plymouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Room was very clean and nice. The beds were very comfortable. The bathroom was clean. Parking is available for free for 30 minutes only and $18 per night. Have not been to the restaurant nor the breakfast. Requested a room away from the lift and given the one that is exactly opposite to the lift door claiming that the hotel is fully booked.

Room Tip: There is no guarantee that you will have what you have booked. I believe this is true for all the US...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Mission Valley/Hotel Circle? Share your experiences!