Coastal San Diego Tours to La Jolla & Torrey Pines with TourGuideTim
Book ahead on Expedia
Book a Tour
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Half-Day, Expert-Guided Tour from San Diego to La Jolla and Torrey Pines. Amazing Scenery. Fascinating History. Includes driver & guide for a better experience. Join our optional walking tours or take free time to explore on your own. See 360-degree views from one of the highest hilltops along the Southern California coast, multi-million dollar mansions, sea lions, seals, pelicans, cormorants, paragliders flying off ocean cliffs, and the Torrey Pines Golf Course, home to the 2008 & 2021 U.S. Opens. Learn about the history of pioneering women, famous residents, aviation, geology, architecture, military, interesting trees and more.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Overland Park, Kansas
“Bad news.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Very disappointed to receive a call from Tour Guide Tim 26 hours before my tour advising my tour was being cancelled because we were the only ones to sign up. I appreciated the personal phone call vs email and his offer of assistance. Still for us we cancelled and rescheduled other activities to accomidate this tour schedule only to get cancelled. Lesson learned for me is to book with a large enough tour company that will operate regardless. Sarcastically thinking, I hope my airline has enough folks signed up for my flight later today.

Visited March 2014
TourGuideTim, Owner at Coastal San Diego Tours to La Jolla & Torrey Pines with TourGuideTim, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
I do feel bad and don't take it lightly cancelling a tour. In the past I could run tours with 1 or 2 guests knowing I could make up for it during busier times of year. However, larger competitors have recently created new tours that cover parts of the coastal area and are only running weekday tours during those busier times I used to rely on. Unlike some others, I do run the coastal tour weekdays year-round and we use both a driver and a guide in order to provide a better experience for guests. On the rare occasion it appears we may not have more than a couple guests, I will reach out to see if they are flexible in changing dates or assist them in finding an alternative activity or another way to visit the areas seen on the tour. Ironically, I have had quite a few guests who were booked with larger operators end up taking our tour because the larger operators also cancel tours. I assume most operators try to avoid cancelling tours but I will take it personally on the rare occasion it might occur and do whatever I can to help guests have a great time in San Diego.

Hereford, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Probably the best guided tour I have been on”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

No problem clicking on the 5 Star rating here. Very warm welcome and very cool bus. Tim was really interesting and knowledgeable and as someone says on an earlier review it really is like an old friend is showing you round. There is flexibility built in to meet individual needs but this does not impinge on anyone else. We heard and saw so much about wild life, celebrities, the locality, architecture, history, art - everything you could wish for. Very comfortable and very relaxing and a real treat of a day. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. Thank you Tim!

Boston, Massachusetts
14 attraction reviews
“Great tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

I had a great time on this tour! TourGuide Tim was very friendly, knowledgeable and always prepared - he had water bottles if you were thirsty, umbrellas if you were tired of the sun and windbreakers if you got chilly! I highly recommend this tour, it's an afternoon well spent!

Truro
“Great afternoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Tour guide tim was very friendly and helpful. As it was raining I was picked up and dropped off at my hotel. He was very thoughtful, because it was sunshine and showers, he looked at the weather forecast and timed the outdoor activities for when there was a break in the clouds to optimise our experience. Throughout the tour he kept us entertained and informed pointing out all the sights. I would definitely recommend this tour.

Visited February 2014
Indianapolis
3 attraction reviews
“Even on a rare rainy San Diego day, tour was great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

TourGuide Tim may be the best tour guide I have ever had the pleasure of booking for a tour. Even though it was a rare rainy day in San Diego, he continued to check the weather on his phone and adjust our itinerary to suit the rain patterns.
He is knowledgeable, personable, and very easy to understand. We saw wildlife, gorgeous scenery of the northern areas of San Diego, and historical sites. This was his coastal tour.

Visited February 2014

Travelers who viewed Coastal San Diego Tours to La Jolla & Torrey Pines with TourGuideTim also viewed

Been to Coastal San Diego Tours to La Jolla & Torrey Pines with TourGuideTim? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Coastal San Diego Tours to La Jolla & Torrey Pines with TourGuideTim, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.