“Authentic Italy in San Diego” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bencotto Italian Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 4,043 restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: India Street/Kettner Blvd.
San Diego
“Authentic Italy in San Diego”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We have dined here several times over the past few years and have never been disappointed. The food is really, really good and very authentic Italian. The homemade pastas and sauces are amazing. Service is efficient and timely. Definitely worth fighting the parking in Little Italy for this gem!

• Visited July 2013

89% Recommend
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Recommend a meal at Bencotto to anyone! From their own Balsamic with bread to start which was one of the best balsamics we've tasted. The homemade pasta was sensational. Excellent wine list. Attentive and smart service and very cool restaurant! Would love to go back.

• Visited November 2012
Sacramento, California
“Buen apetito!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Gathering with old friends and chose this restaurant for dinner. Wonderful tastes. Had cannilloni which was magnificent. Appetizers and pasta combinations were all first class, plus great wine pairings. Gracious wait staff and ambiance.
Mille grazie...

• Visited May 2013
San Diego, California
“Very Nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

This was our second visit to Bencotto. I have to say it was well worth the visit. Our reservation was confirmed by Open Table @6:30pm. Seated upstairs table for two. I'm telling you that you don't have to travel to Italy or NYC for a very nice meal. We have everything right here in San Diego. We started out with drinks then prosciutto,Riso Fritto,salad,soup,plate of melanzane,pappardelle with Bencotto gravy. If I didn't like it the first time I would not have gone back for a second time. I will be back for a third time.

• Visited July 2013
San Diego, California
“It is not as good as the first time I had dinner there.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

The first time I went there the food was outstanding, beyond my expectations.Before I returned there a few months later, I could learn in San Diego newspapers about Bencotto Chef awards and succes and for those reasons I suggested my friends make a reservation there for our ladies dinner no children it was dissapointing because, first despite of having a reservation for a party of ten we had to wait almost an hour to be seated, then we waited a lot of time to order the food, just our waitress ignored us for almost 20 min. and finally the food was good but not as good as the last time I got there. I think I ate an average italian food, not the excellent italian meal that I had the oportunity to eat almos a year ago.

Apologize for my English, it is not my first language.

• Visited May 2013