“The best anywhere” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Temecula, California
“The best anywhere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

This place is the best anywhere. Great atmosphere. Great service. Great food. We live over an hour away, but whenever we take a day trip to San Diego, the day ends at Enoteca Adriano. Everyone from the hostess on up to Franco, the owner, really cares about our experience.

THE KIDS LOVE IT !!!!! We have a 7 and a 5 year-old. They actually behave at this restaurant. It's fine dining, but not too formal, they are comfortable there. We usually aren't the only family with small children there. We all love the bread (we have stop the kids from filling up on it). The kids love the italian sodas and the Pope Pillow Dessert. When the kids order chocolate milk, the waiter does a fancy chocolate design on the inside of the glass and sprinkles cocoa powder on top. We call it a "kid cappucino" When we're still eating, it keeps the kids busy trying to clean the inside of the glass with the straw and spoon.

We love the menu and wine selection. Actually, we've never selected our own wine. We just ask the server to bring whatever wine goes with our entree and we have never been disappointed.

We usually go in at the 5:00 opening, but there are other people there, too. Sometimes when you go out to dinner early, you have to sit in an empty restaurant and listen to the din of the staff setting up the dining room. But not here. They open at 5 and they are ready to serve. It's fantastic. It's worth the trip from anywhere. Better make reservations. They fill up early and stay full.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

91% Recommend
La Mesa, California
“A hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Been in San Diego for 16 years and I thought I knew where every hidden gem of a restaurant was... Big Kitchen in South Park, D.Z. Akin's in La Mesa, Hash House A Go Go in Hillcrest among my many favorites. I was wrong... Apparently there are others out there and I found one.

On Cass Street in Pacific Beach between Law and Beryl is a little Italian Restaurant that looks more like a little cottage than a restaurant. I was smart and made a reservation... when I arrived at 6:30 there wasn't a single table that wasn't filled or with a "reserved" sign on it. I asked my server if it was normally this packed on a Tuesday night... he said that there wasn't a single night that they didn't get packed.

The menu looked pretty straight forward and was very reasonable... most dishes were under $20. I decided to try the special... which on Tuesday night was Pesce and Pasta... it sounded pretty interesting, squid ink linguine tossed with an orange liquer flavored cream sauce with a piece of seared chilean sea bass over the top... but first we started with a burrata... the special as well. What came out was nothing short of amazing... A helping of soft spreadable cheese wrapped in fresh proscuitto with sliced fresh figs, a dollop of fig jam and sliced fresh heirloom tomatoes underneath... I almost wanted to cancel my order and get two more burrata... I am very happy to report that I chose to let it ride..

The entree came out and looked like something right out of a food magazine... A bed of black linguine with a rich cream sauce crowned with a big fliet of seared seabass... Little champagne grapes graced the dish, spread around like artisitic accents on a masterpiece... and a touch of minced rosemary over the top. I can honestly say that this was the best fish I have had in months.

I was really full... but I am a glutton for punishment... my dining companion has a sweet tooth and wanted to get something... I agreed to "having a taste" for pleasantry sake. My warning to you is this: If you have a problem with self-control, do not taste their desserts... We had the Tiramisu and the Cannoli... The plan was to taste... take the rest home and enjoy it later when the time was right. That plan went straight into the trash as soon as I tasted the mini cannoli and the tiramisu... The Cannoli were mini cannoli.. three to the plate... and perfect except for two people.... we fought over the last one... seriously.. I won, but only because she had the Tiramisu in front of her. The Tiramisu I only got three bites of, but it was light, rich, elegant and obviously homemade. I could taste the espresso, the rum and the coffee liquer even after the last morsel had disappeared.

Three words of advice to the person going for the first time... 1) Make a reservation, for your own good... 2) Plan to dine... this is not a fill up station or a fast-food style experience... the owner and executive chef takes great pride in visiting the tables... I got to meet him and thank him personally... Franco is my new hero and I will be back... and 3) Plan to delve into the wine list for a wonderful tour of Italy... We shared a bottle of Salice Celentino for $29.00 which turned out to be a steal.... I can only imagine what the other bottles are like... Most expensive bottle in the whole place was about $60.

Last word... I will be back.. and more than likely.. often.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
“Wow!!! Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

We visit Mission Beach a few times a year and this was our first time dining at Enoteca Adriano. It will not be our last!! We loved our entire dinner. The food was truly amazing, as was the service. Holly was our server and she was perfect in every way. The owner/chef came by to check on every diner, very impressive! We can't wait to come back!

San Diego, California, United States
“Best Italian Food in San Diego”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I was looking for a good place for a date with my girlfriend. I booked a reservation based on great reviews and I was not disappointed. The food (Pollo Melazane & Penne Arrabiata) was delicious and the wine was fairly priced. It was a very romantic atmosphere and felt like a ristorante in Italy. My girlfriend and I will definitely be returning.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Yuma, Arizona
“Wine lovers can bring their own.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

We love a great restaurant, but sometimes the best ones have an expensive wine list offering only a couple of choices under $30.00. Thanks to the internet we can review almost any location, menu and wine list to make our decisions easier. Based on the reviews I have read, I chose several restaurants that we were very pleased with. Having lived there before, I already had some favorites, but much to my surprise changed hands and no longer offer the same menu. One of the new ones I discovered was Enoteca Adriano close to Pacific Beach. Besides the great reviews about the food, they have no corkage fee Monday through Wednesday. (Otherwise the corkage fee is $12.00, still very reasonable) You can bring your own wine and they will serve it to you for free. Amazing. That’s takes a big dent out of the bill. The entrees were from $15 to $18 for the average dishes. Some specials were up to $22-$30.00. The appetizers were $5-10. The Burrata appetizer seemed to be very popular. I watched as someone was served one. It was a healthy portion, too much to have before an entrée without sharing it. We both had just an entrée. I had the Ravioli Rossi for $18.00. It was large ravioli, stuffed with lobster and ( I think) mascarpone. There were medium size shrimp on top with a pink cream sauce reduction. I could barely finish it. Delicious. My husband had Orecciette Bosco, a sausage and pasta dish with a pink sauce ( a red pasta sauce with cream added). He liked it but could only finish half of it. He’s not a big pasta eater but loves sausage. Though we were full, we had to try the Pope’s pillows for dessert. Wow! You only need one for two people. It’s a must. The chef came out and introduced himself to each table and asked how everything was. The service was great. The ambiance was simple, unpretentious, and comfortable. We arrived at 5:00 and were the first ones there as that is when they open, but before we left the place was filling up fast. Most people were dressed nicely but not over dressed, and some were very casual like us. We had our bathing suits under our shirts and pants as we had just come from a day at the beach and didn’t want to go all the way back to the hotel. They have showers at the beach to wash off the sand, and since we only waded up to our knees in the freezing water we didn’t even get our suits wet. The reason I’m even mentioning this is because going to the beach for a day was part of our itinerary for our four day getaway in S.D. Since the beach is only a few blocks from Enoteca Adriano, we decided to kill two birds with one stone and have an early dinner. We fit right in with the other diners and got to choose a window seat outside even though it was reserved for 8 o‘clock for someone else. All the tables had reserve signs on them, so you definitely need a reservation. In fact we had a hard time making reservations as no one is there until just before 5:00 to answer the phone (they have a recording). We never did make an official reservation, but it turned out all right as we went there early. We also got a parking spot right out front (no meters). It’s in a very nice neighborhood away from the noisy taverns of Pacific Beach. I hope you’ll try this wonderful little place, I know you’ll enjoy it especially if you want to get a good value for your money.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere