“Excellent Service, Promotable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ebony Inn Motel

Ebony Inn Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in San Diego
Ebony Inn Motel
You added Ebony Inn Motel to your Saves list
740 32nd St, San Diego, CA 92102   |
Ranked #212 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
Texas City, Texas
“Excellent Service, Promotable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Yes the front desk service (Binu) was really good and was there to solve each of my needs. Wifi password provided and followed me to the room. HBO was free to the room. The room was really nice and provided extra towels for us.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 1st floor are quieter.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
El Paso, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

The front desk that checked me in was very helpful and nice. The room was average, and everything was in working order. The room looked like it was recently renovated. The carpet didn't have much stains on it compared to other motels i stayed at. This is a good place to for a short stay. I would recommend this to people how are traveling for an overnight stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

I found this place for a last minute trip to San Diego rooms were very expensive and lucky for me I found ebony inn motel the price was not shabby given the location! I checked in and my rooms were very clean and the staff was very friendly. On my next trip I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013
San Diego, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Don't let the outside fool you the rooms are nice. My room did have roaches they took care of it but how they took care of it I was annoyed. One guy said that I could move back in when my room when it was clean from roaches. On the day of me moving back in my room I had an issue with one of the women working there yelling and telling me that next time I'd better find another MOTEL cause I will not be moving from room to room. The rooms are different. My original room had a great shower head and microwave. My subsitute room had neither of the two. I was staying a week so i needed the microwave. The lady gave me crap for wanted to move back to my orginal room. I will never stay at this Motel again. I would like to think the OTHER indian guy who was very nice to me. Gave the internet password without me even asking. Thank you!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Simple. Quaint. Cozy. Essential, met or exceeded all of my expectations. The front desk was very accommodating. It's in a perfect place, 5 mins away from downtown San Diego. A perfect night and again simple accommodations. I would recommend it to any ine budget conscious.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Costa Mesa, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Found this place because everywhere else was filled for the night. As we headed east on Market, the neighborhood started to get a little sketchy, and when we arrived at the motel, we weren't very comfortable staying there initially. But we were totally wrong! Woman at the front desk was very pleasant during check in. The room was clean, bathroom was clean, and there was complimentary toothpaste and a minty/chocolate PowerBar that was random but delicious. The only downfall really was that the A/C in our room wasn't working 100%, so our room was pretty toasty during the day. But it was much better than expected for a last minute one night stay. Safe and affordable, and super close to downtown.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

Horrible, like a nightmare. Run! we looked everywhere for a hotel, and everything was taken. So we kept looking further and further away. this place has had good reviews on tripadvisor re so I trusted it. And I went there and it's a total dive hole in the wall. It looks scary. And my kids have to sleep there.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Ebony Inn Motel? Share your experiences!