“One of PB's dance club/bars” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Tavern at the Beach

The Tavern at the Beach
1200 Garnet Ave. at Everet Street, Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA 92109 (Pacific Beach)
1-858-272-6066
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #225 of 495 things to do in San Diego
More attraction details
Owner description: Kick back, relax and have a few drinks at this popular watering hole that hugs the beach.
A TripAdvisor Member
“One of PB's dance club/bars”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2006

The Tavern is known by locals as the place that rules Sundays and Mondays (not to mention the weekend). The typical beachy crowd will be found here either groovin on the small dance floor that always seems to be big enough for one more person. 3 pool tables and lots of "hang out" space fill up the rest of the Tavern. There are two outside patios, however one closes early and the other is left open for chimnys...so don't plan on hangin out in a smoke free area. The line too long? Walk across the street to Typhoon Saloon to do your dancing and hanging out. The line goes much faster!

“Worst bar ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2006

If you call having to wait in line just to be harassed by security a good time, then this is the place for you. Trying to enjoy myself with my friends was literally impossible when I tried returing to my seat, paid drink and friends in the outdoor area of the bar after using the bathroom. Not only was I told I'd have to wait but I was told in a manner that was completley uncalled for. It makes sense for security to get an edge with intoxicated, obnoxious patrons - but not with people just trying to hang out with frineds. Due to the ridiculously rude way I was treated I am telling all my friends and anyone else to stay away from this bar. You wait in line just so you can wait some more and then are told to leave. Not worth it.

“good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2003

I'm pleased to say that the tavern is a very nice place. The staff is good and interesting. There's nothing to complain about. They make sure everything is ok when they serve drinks to the customer and that is very nic. The customers appreciate the effort they make.What I say is not a comment or a suggestion. It is based on the facts of what I hear and feel. " keep up the good work

“What an awesome place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2003

Tavern at thebeach was great.We went there all weekend and it was jam packed with girls.loved everything about the place.