“East Coast 'Jersey' in San Diego!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Glass Door Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #130 of 4,100 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean, Seafood, Contemporary, Bar
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Fir St.
Description: Taste the World, from our viewGlass Door is a restaurant that offers the casual sophistication that San Diego is known for and features a seafood based menu that draws true influence from every major culinary capital in the world. Our menu takes root in flavors and techniques that can be found in Eastern Europe, Spain, Italy, Asia, France, and the Middle East and gives them all a decisively San Diego interpretation. In addition to our cuisine we also offer craft cocktails made with expert techniques and local microbrews that showcase the flavors San Diego has to offer. To compliment our global flavors we have a panoramic view of the San Diego Marina that gives our concept completion. Come join us at one of our communal tables on our 4th floor perch and taste the world from our view.
“East Coast 'Jersey' in San Diego!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

Outdoor patio view of the San Diego Bay, delicious small plates an impressive bar... But it was Jersey, the tiny little refreshing piece of the east coast, bartending and making the trip memorable and comfortable... Just like home... Thanks, Jersey, for making this trip that much more awesome!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Seattle, Washington
“Underwhelmed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

While the setting and decor is nice, that is about all you can count on here. We arrived at 10am on a Sunday for brunch and were seated fairly quickly, but then ignored for 15 minutes. There were at least five waitstaff working, and the place was far from full. A man seated next to us just after us was also ignored.

When I got up and went to the bar to place my order, the bartender said "I'm sorry, we just got slammed". I would hate to see if the restaurant was full. We placed our our for two Eggs Benny.

They arrived fairly quickly, but while my wife's eggs were cooked right, mine were rock solid, cooked through.

We got our check and we're disgusted to pay $40 for breakfast for two with no alcohol. Way overpriced for lousy service and mediocre food.

San Diego, California
“Roof Top Bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I stayed at Porto Vista Hotel recently and had the pleasure of attending their Friday evening rooftop happy hour "Top of the Bay". The view was amazing and I think Jacob the rooftop bartender made his version of a Moscow mule and it was very tasty.

“Excellent happy hour, good views, great service, Thanks Jersey!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

We came here for happy hour and only got drinks but they were strong for happy hour and Jersey was awesome!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“Nice Happy Hour”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Porto Vista Hotel. Our room was on the same floor as the restaurant so we ended up going there for lunch and for breakfast.

The first night we arrived I wanted a "turnup drink" since I was on my birthday vacation. The bar tender there (I don't remember her name) was very nice and recommended good drinks for us to try. We did not end up eating dinner there but we did end up going for breakfast.

The service for breakfast wasn't the best. We arrived about 15mins before breakfast was over so there were maybe 3 other couples seated in various areas inside and outside. It took a while for our waitress to come over to our table. When we finally got our orange juice it was lukewarm and didn't even have ice in it. The food was pretty good but that's about it.

The view is very nice by the way. I can't forget about that part! Beware if you eat outside it may be quite windy while eating.

• Visited May 2014