“Perfect spot to watch the Sunset over Little Italy w/ Drinks” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Glass Door Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #119 of 4,100 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean, Seafood, Contemporary, Bar
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Fir St.
Description: Taste the World, from our viewGlass Door is a restaurant that offers the casual sophistication that San Diego is known for and features a seafood based menu that draws true influence from every major culinary capital in the world. Our menu takes root in flavors and techniques that can be found in Eastern Europe, Spain, Italy, Asia, France, and the Middle East and gives them all a decisively San Diego interpretation. In addition to our cuisine we also offer craft cocktails made with expert techniques and local microbrews that showcase the flavors San Diego has to offer. To compliment our global flavors we have a panoramic view of the San Diego Marina that gives our concept completion. Come join us at one of our communal tables on our 4th floor perch and taste the world from our view.
Hagerstown, Maryland
“Perfect spot to watch the Sunset over Little Italy w/ Drinks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

My wife & I came here on a recent jaunt to San Diego for New Years Eve. The restaurant is located on the 4th floor of the Porto Vista Hotel, and it looks out across the Little Italy district to the West and the San Diego mariana/bay. A great view - worth coming at sunset, like we did, any day! You can see the hustle and bustle of Little Italy and yet be relaxed and enjoy the atmosphere. There is a bar indoors and a patio bar lining the Western edge of the restaurant that gives the views. The decor is also recently very well done in the hip/urban way many are.

The food itself was very good. I enjoyed a steak while my wife enjoyed a taco dish - both the presentation and the quality of food were very good. Plus, this place is new enough you didn't have to deal with the lines/reservations of many of the other restaurants in Little Italy. The drink specials during happy hour were also very good, and much enjoyable. They serve a good variety of American-Italian fare, and an extensive cocktail list, with decent selection of beers and wine as well. While I can't say the food was the "best I've ever had," it also was all consistently good and very well done. I would eat there again anytime, and plan to go back when we are in San Diego again!

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

San Diego, California
“Great View in Little Italy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

We had drinks here with some friends and it is such a great little find! It's on the 4th floor of the Portofino hotel and you would never even know it's up there! The drinks were creative and it's nice to be able to sit outside and look at the view over Little Italy and watch the planes land. The food is supposed to be great and I look forward to going back for dinner soon.

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Diego
“Great spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

Came here for the view with a friend at sunset. You cant beat the laid back style, great view, long, extencive happy hour (till 7pm) with many choices of drinks and food at a significant discount, and a friendly staff. I got an amazing cocktail, cant remember the name but it was fresh blackberries and bourbon two of my favs and the "low" to eat. It was like NY strip lettuce wraps... awesome! My friend had a martini also with fresh berries and the salmon flat bread.
Everything was excellent! The drinks, The food, The service, and especially the view! the sunset is spectacular from here! Gotta love San Diego especially with places like this to enjoy it from.
I'll definatly be back!!!

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Diego, California, United States
“Great Food, Great Service, Amazing View”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

Went in for some Happy Hour drinks and ended up staying for dinner because the view and service was so top notch. Had some out of this world duck fries to start with and them moved onto the salmon entree which had some very clean, light flavors and a stellar presentation. Happy Hour specials are great and cocktail list is pretty fun too.

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mukwonago, Wisconsin
“Go for the drinks, not the food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

Had been there for drinks...great atmosphere and good happy hour specials so I thought I would surprise my wife and take her there for our anniversary. Big mistake. The food was terrible. I had the short ribs which were fatty and my wife had the chicken which was flavorless and tasted like it was boiled. We will be back as it is a great view, but we will stick with just drinks.

• Visited June 2010