“Great food, great price and great service.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
San Diego, California
“Great food, great price and great service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We've eaten at this location many times and also at Pho Ca Dao in Mira Mesa. We've never been disappointed. Our typical meal consists of spring rolls, pho and iced jasmine tea. We've tried and loved all of the spring roll selections and about a third of the pho selections. Our current favorite pho is #25 that features marinated beef that is cooked on a grill. The pho comes in two sizes with the large costing slightly more than the regular size. We rarely can finish the regular size pho. There are times when we didn't have a huge appitite and ordered a large pho and an extra bowl so that we can split the large. The service is always quick, responsive and attentive.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Encinitas, CA
“Fast, friendly service and really fresh food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

This Pho ca Dao location in RB is a really good one! Clean, fast service; and they're all really nice in there and are constantly filling your water glass! Ample parking and whether you're with a large group (say a group of 8), or with less company, you get your food fairly quickly! This has become one of my favorite places to get the Vietnamese meal I crave...

That said, I wouldn't say I'm a Pho connoisseur; I actually never order Pho-- I get the Bún thịt nướng (yeah, I had to look that up). Here's the wikipedia description: A thin rice vermicelli served cold with grilled marinated pork chops and fish sauce, with julienned daikon and carrot. This is my favorite Vietnamese dish and the only thing I ever get when I go to a Pho place. I've recently started ordering this with the egg rolls too (menu item V5).. YUM! The meat is absolutely fresh and delicious!

Order a large, you get more noodles and more meat for not much more than $1.50. It's always good for a second meal (for the lighter eater), as long as you don't pour all your fish sauce in when you stick it in the to-go box. Otherwise you get soggy noodles the next day. Oh and the fish sauce isn't really fishy at all.. just adds that little bit of flavor to juicyness to the vermicelli noodles.

• Visited April 2012
London/ Dublin
“Best Pho I've had yet and also the cheapest!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

This is a really good place. Super quick service as in most Vietnamese restaurants in the area. The decor is nicer than some of its nearby competitors. Waiter was amusing and helpful. The food was really good. I had the chicken pho which was delish, the ginger chilli sauce they give with is really makes a difference.
3 people ate for under $20 too! Can't go wrong there

• Visited March 2012
The Hague, The Netherlands
“cheap, typical asean food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

We sought a "low calorie" dinner and found it here. We both had a large bowl of noodle soup, with prawns or beef, and tea. The waiter explained us how to compose our meal with additional herbs. The restaurant is run by Vietnamese, and the taste was really authentic South-East Asean (I have to admit that we never visited Vietnam, but Thailand is known territory for us). We had to pay about $21.

• Visited February 2012
San Diego, CA
“Just average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

Recently opened and located in a local strip mall. A fairly large restaurant with plenty of seating (booths and tables). Our family of four had the bowls of Pho which were just average. The spring rolls were served almost ice cold, as if they took some of he ingredients out of the frig and made the rolls. Service was quick and the price was right, less than $30 dollars for four people. There is another Pho restaurant about 1 mile from this one that we have been going to for years, I'm fairly certain that we will go back there as we were just trying the new place and it is nothing special.

• Visited December 2011