“Fantastic Lunch!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 4,093 Restaurants in San Diego
Temecula, California
“Fantastic Lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

What a great find!! We stopped in at the Tender Greens in Liberty Station for my birthday lunch. I had the tuna sandwich with the simple salad and it was perfect! Everything about this place was awesome, The food, the service, the location!

Visited August 2013

Acapulco, Mexico
“What a FANTASTIC concept.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I spotted Tender Greens from the city tour and announced to my husband that I was getting out for lunch there. I nearly backed out when I saw the LONG line but from what we could see, and the fast moving line, we decided to stay. I am SO glad that we did and we had a healthy, delicious reasonably priced meal which we like so much, we returned on our last day. I hope these spring up all over the U.S. and show people that you can easily provide delicious inexpensive healthy food. Kudos to whoever thought this up.

Visited July 2013
London
“Cheap and cheerful salads and soups”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We tried the branch on West Broadway. It's a cafeteria operation so don't expect anything fancy but it does offer reasonably priced soups and salads. The soups at 4 dollars were excellent - they had chicken and corn chowder and gazpacho when we were there and both were really good. The salads are made with fresh ingredients and again good value at $11. A word of warning for visiting Europeans though - the salad portions are really big and two people could easily share one. Staff were friendly and helpful too.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
coronado
“Greens are not tender”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This restaurant is misnamed; we had a salad, and the greens were not at all tender, they were rough and had too many stems. It was a salade nicoise, which should not have as many greens as this salad had. The green beans were undercooked, the tomatoes tasteless, and there was one tiny hard boiled egg sliced in half. The albacore tuna was OK, and the capers and olives were nice. One piece of burned rustic bread. One of our party had sliced beef with mashed potatoes and vegetables, this dish looked a lot better and worth the $11 price tag (the salad was NOT worth the $11 price tag). The inside of the restaurant is a bit dismal, but the outside was nice. Fast-food style ordering, which was why we went there prior to dropping friends off a the nearby airport.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“fresh and very tasty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

the food was very healthy the flavors were excellent and tasteful and the price was outstanding. as I was eating it feel good to my soul and body and I highly recommend this place.

• Visited July 2013