“We will be back!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
“We will be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Wasn't prepared for the way Tender Greens operates. When we first entered the establishment, we were met with a long line to the door. Seems you stand in line, order your food, watch it being made (while in line), pay for your food... Then find a table. Great concept.

The food was wonderful & not too much (not too little either). Four of us ordered the "hot plate" which consists of a meat, mashed potatoes & either soup or a salad. We were told the mashed potatoes were the best. We have to admit, they were right! Excellent! The salads are large too.

Everyone agreed, this place is a keeper. Maybe we'll see you there...

Visited May 2013

Laytonsville, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The menu may be short, but the food is great, the service is fast, and the price excellent.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Sometimes you want something pretty quick (not fast food), reasonably priced, and good. Hard to find, but Tender Greens does just this exceptionally well. This was our first visit. Our initial reaction was that the menu was limited: a number of salads, A steak, A fish, and several chicken dishes. It was a cafeteria set up, which also made me nervous. But we were through the line quickly in spite of the crowd. The Backyard Marinated Steak was tender, delicious, cooked perfectly, and believe it or not, Hot. WOW! The potatoes were like home made. The salads were fresh and very good. The Rustic Chicken Soup was so fantastic we ordered some to take home. Even the bottled local beer was very enjoyable! Tender Greens lives by the expression, "do what you do, but do it well!" We will definitely go back!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Diego
“The Chef's restaurant with the Fast Food prices!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Delicious! I eat here whenever possible! I am a salad afficianado, but my English husband is a meat a potatoes lover. We can both be happy at Tender Greens. The Grilled Chicken salad with home made cilantro dressing, tortilla chips and acacado is one of the best salads in San Diego! Dressing is fresh with a little kick to it. I also love the little piece of grilled baguette with olive oil on the side. The Mashed potatoes and flank steak my husband ordered were flavorful and filling. I've picked up soup here too-and it is always home made and really good. Deserts are also yummy, and I always get the iced tea to drink-they have passion fruit, hibiscis and regular black tea-I like to mix em up, oh-and the grilled vegetable can't be beat. Sit outside and enjoy the lovely Point Loma weather and ambiance of Liberty Station.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Diego, California
“So Fresh & So Green”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I love coming here on my work lunches, i always go with the Happy Vegan (tho im not a Vegan) it just taste's so good and i keep coming back here week after week.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Diego, California
“It's a Gem - !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Made my first visit to this friendly place for a late lunch. Impressed with the staff's cordiality and the fine food. It's impressive to learn that all the food originates within 100 miles of San Diego. The food was very fresh, nicely prepared and there was a good variety of menu choices to satisfy every palate. It's a gem and I will definitely return.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere