“Decent Sea World Motel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #176 of 270 Hotels in San Diego
Tucson, Arizona
“Decent Sea World Motel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Booked this motel a few nights before we came, as my husband and I decided to add a day of Sea World onto our San Diego trip. I booked primarily based on rate and location to Sea World. If you want to be near Sea World, this motel is less than a mile away, and a very easy drive. You can't beat the location for that.

Arrival/Front Desk - Check-in was just fine. Lady at desk (don't remember name, but she was wearing something like a suit, and had long, kind of curly hair) was very nice and helpful, and assisted us with directions.

Room - Room was okay. Not the shape of your typical hotel room, but rather a square with the bathroom added on. Microwave, and fridge were a nice touch. Flat screen TV. If we were staying for more than one night, the room would have quickly felt small. However, we were there literally just to sleep, so it wasn't as noticeable. Bathroom was actually pretty nice. Bed was much harder than what I find comfortable. The pillows were oddly pleasant....they looked very old and lumpy, but were some of the most comfortable hotel pillows I've encountered. The walls are horrible...they must be so thin. I could hear our neighbors moving about constantly.

Area/Location - Like I said, you can't beat the proximity to Sea World. Also easy to get to off of the I-8. However, the location seemed slightly "seedy". Had a slight worry that my car might not be safe. I don't know...obviously nothing happened, and there weren't gangs or anything around, but the area just didn't give me a "comfy" feeling. Then again, we were just there at night, not during the day.

Continental Breakfast - Just fine. Your typical continental breakfast: whole fruit, muffins, bagels, juices, cereal, etc. Located right next to the front desk, and seating is in the lobby. Was fine for getting us off to a good start for the day.

Checkout - Went fine. Pleasant lady, but she talked so quietly and there were so many people in the lobby eating breakfast, I had trouble hearing her and kept having to say "what?"

Overall, a fine little motel for what we needed: a close motel to Sea World where we could sleep for one night. We might return if we have the same needs again, but if we plan to be near the area for more than one night, we'll probably look somewhere that's a little more comfortable.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor next to the street. Based on how thin the walls seem, perhaps 2nd floor...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

The room was disgusting and there were roaches crawling around the room, stains on walls, couldn't sleep as I just kept thinking about bed bugs!! Worst hotel I've ever stated Defenently not worth the $150.00 I paid!!!

• Stayed June 2012
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

We visit San Diego on a regular basis and this time around we decided to book at the Ramada Limited on Midway. The staff was extremly friendly and more then accomodating for everything we needed. The rooms were clean and beds were very comfortable. The continental breakfast was more than enough selection. If you require shuttle service make sure to have them call Roman, his rates are outstanding and he is a very nice guy.For the pice and quality of service From here on out, whenever we go back to San Diego, The Ramada Limited it is!!!

Thanks Anup and Staff

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Had hotel reward points, so ended up at this Ramada. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. We couldn't believe how willing they were to go out of their way to help with directions, recommendations, etc. The hotel's location is hard to beat. It was no more than a 10-15 minute drive anywhere we wanted to go. It was also nice to have a few fast food restaurants and drugstores within walking distance. The rooms were nothing special, but they were clean and spacious enough. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Alhambra, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

We were in town for the San Diego Rock n' Roll Half-Marathon, first stay at this hotel. We were Very Impressed, Check-In time was 3:00pm, but got to the Hotel at 1:45pm, the Nice Lady Clerk at Front Desk let us Check-In, due to we had tickets to the 4:15pm, San Diego Padres game, so we wanted to get settled in and relax for a bit before heading out to Petco Park. Our room, was big, comfortable, and clean. The microwave and fridge was the clincher in booking at this hotel. So were able to load the fridge with plenty bottles of water, Gatorade, and sodas. The Old Town Trolley station was very close-by, so we parked the car for FREE there and took the Trolley to Petco Park, it was such a breeze. There were plenty of restaurant options very close by. When I got back to the Old Town Trolley station, I phoned in our order at Florencia's Pizzeria, right next door to the Ramada. On Sunday, I walked over to the Sea World Parking lot to reunite with my girlfriend after her Half-Marathon, it took only 20mins to walk there, approx 1-mile. On Sunday, we ate lunch at the Rubio's on Rosecrans and Midway. But nearby, there was a McDonalds, Jack in the Box, one-block West of the Ramada. Once we find out the date for next year's race, we will be back to this hotel!! Oh, almost forgot, the FREE breakfast was Great Too, they offered danishes, muffins, cold cereals, and coffee, but the juice machine was Out of Order!

Room Tip: Very close to the I-5 and I-8 Freeways!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

We were in San Diego visiting my father in law, which had become ill & I shared our reason for visit with staff. Three weeks later my father in law passed away. Mr. Patel remembered us and was compassinate and eager to accomodate us up to the very last need of an additional roll away bed. We were located close to freeways and many varieties of places to eat. The breakfast provided by Ramada was fresh and satisfied our needs with fresh fruit and variety of fruit juices, as well as fresh coffee each morning. Wish we had more of these caring, down to earth type of places in other places we visit. All was clean and plenty of towels.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

Check in time was 1:00 pm. I showed up at 9:00 am. They found me a room, even though I just said I was inquiring what time check in was. Very clean. TV and stations were fine. This may sound funny, but loved the scent of the soap and shampoo. Made me hungry, lol. For the price of the stay, don't think you can beat it. Also, a complimentary continental breakfast.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Been to Ramada Limited San Diego/Near SeaWorld? Share your experiences!