“Sushi and a scene” 4 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
PB Mika Sushi
1154 Garnet Avenue, San Diego, CA 92109 (Pacific Beach)
858-490-0440
Neighborhood: Pacific Beach
San Diego
“Sushi and a scene”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

1/2 off Mondays and Tuesdays, great sushi for a great price. perfect for those days when you just need a little sashimi.

Visited June 2013

100% Recommend
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Great sushi on the main drag . . ..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great food at Mika -- was here years ago and enjoyed it so much, had to come back on my last visit. Remembered how good the food was, so wanted to experience it again. Fresh shashimi/sushi is available here. You can count on it every time.

Visited April 2013
San Diego, California
“Love Love Love”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Every Monday and Tuesday Mika Sushi has 1/2 off sushi rolls, so we go here every week for our take-out night. We occasionally eat in but it's always so busy that take-out seems like the better option. They are always really nice over the phone, though it isn't uncommon to get a busy signal when you call. They understand you really well over the phone even though it's always so loud I can hardly understand them, so orders are surprisingly quick and painless. Orders are usually ready in a half hour. Also, I can't tell you how many times I've been here but they have never messed up an order!

Parking can be a pain but they do have a little private lot in the back. Usually it's full but since I just run in I park in the red zone for a minute or two. Never been a problem.

The lady there is really sweet. We come and and she says things like "You got the Hawaii Roll? The tuna was just caught this morning!" She's always so excited!

The 1/2 off rolls are basically california rolls wrapped with different things. I like to think of myself as a sushi connoisseur but this is some of the freshest sushi around.

Occasionally we go and sit down on Sunday afternoon when the place is quiet. Service is usually quick and the lady as usual is really sweet. My friend likes to refer to salmon sashimi as "salmon steaks" because they give you such a big slab of salmon.

Anyways, there are tons of sushi places in PB, most of which I've been to. This place is the best one!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Tiny Place Offers Huge Menu and Fresh Sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Excellent sushi choices including a protein roll that was very good albeit cost $19. All the take-out we ordered was fresh. The salmon teriyaki was prepared just right. The side portions are very small. I think dine-in is more affordable--there was a 20% discount offered Take-out dinner for four was just over $80.00

Visited April 2013
Boulder, Co, USA
“Casual, local-ish and YUMMY!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Second visit. We enjoyed our sushi and other food. Tues was "50% off rolls" night, which was great for the budget. Only downside was that it was HOT inside, but the Kirin beer kept us cool.

Visited August 2012