“Clean and comfy” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
NYC
“Clean and comfy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I requested an early check in and late check out as a gold ambassador. Sadly upon arrival I was told it would be about an hour which stretched into over 2 hours and I had to call the front desk, contrary to their promise to call me. I was told my room was still not ready and therefore opted for a room facing pet I park. Once settled the room was immaculate! Super sized shower and pristine clean.the bed was super comfy!
My only concern was the front desk-staff rather impersonal, under staffed, no elite line.
I wholeheartedly recommend this hotel

Stayed May 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

I really was impressed with the customer service here. From the speed of having our luggage removed from our car to picking it up when we were done was classic. The rooms were very nice clean and new looking and feeling there was nothing that felt old about the place. If I had one thing it is that there was only 1 Kurig pod of regular caffeinated coffee in the room. So if more than 1 person needs morning coffee you are going to have to ask for more. And loves the lounge on the 9 floor roof!!

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed at the Hotel Indigo for business. It is a clean, modern facility. The staff was friendly and helpful. The Wi-Fi and TV both worked well.

I would have given this hotel 4.5 stars if that were a permitted rating, but I rounded up because of small things like a newspaper at my door every morning and the hotel bringing me a fridge to my room at no charge (note that a fridge is not standard).

My only small complaints are that I had a view of absolutely nothing and that it was a longer walk than I had initially thought to the convention center (note that the hotel is not actually in the Gaslamp Quarter but rather a couple of blocks to the east).

Reston, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Rooms trendy and comfortable. It is close to restaurants and baseball park. I like that they are very green and room reflected this. Also, they allow dogs, so I was liking the fact that two dogs got into the elevator and rode with their owners to the lobby. I did not eat here, just stayed one night. Very nice place.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

great hotel for dog lovers. Located in the center of downtown close to everything. Rooms are retro kitsch. service was excellent. these employees seem to like where they work. we recommend highly.. hotel rooftop bar is really cool - bring your pet and mingle with others pet lovers.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

The Indigo is an indie upscale hotel next to the Gaslight Qtr in downtown. It is an average hotel with one BIG negative and one SMALL negative

The food was..how do you say... pretentious. Fancy names for ordinary food. (i.e. Lettuce is arugula - guess they are trying to justify their rates). Why do ordinary restaurants try to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear these days is beyond me - just provide good food with names that make sense and do not need a maitre'd to interpret. If you have to ask the waiter what it is then the place has a lousy menu - the Indigo has a lousy menu.

The hotel management in their inconsiderate stupidity allows guests to have as many dogs in their rooms as they like and the staff gives no consideration to other guests when allocating the rooms. You risk being surrounded by those %^&$* barking dogs day and night - one starts barking and you suddenly have a cacophony of barking. I am a dog lover and have owned many dogs but I would never travel and hotel my dogs - that is what 'doggie hotels' are for (AKA kennel). Only self-centric, insecure, mentally challenged people travel with a litter of dogs. Hotel management should review their policy and ensure that dogs are only allowed in one area on one floor OR not at all. Never again at this hotel - never!!!

If you like barking then by all means stay there - if not then find another hotel that cares about ALL of their guests and does not charge you hundreds to listen to the noise

The 5-stars this place got is undeserved. Give me a Hilton any day

Room Tip: Demand that you be placed in a room with no dogs in the wing
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I enjoyed this hotel. It was clean and comfortable. The staff are really very nice and helpful. We were there on one of the view rainy days and when we asked the front desk if they had umbrellas, we were told they don't, but Ellen on the desk offered us hers. We really needed it. I didn't eat in the hotel so I don't know how the food is.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter? Share your experiences!