“Nice & Clean - Staff Could have been More Helpful & Attentive” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #49 of 270 Hotels in San Diego
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Riverside, California
“Nice & Clean - Staff Could have been More Helpful & Attentive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Nice hotel, when I stayed we Valet as there were no other available options I think it was like $30 for the nite. The pull up valet is very limited space and kinda congested.

The lobby was very well decorated. We came in to town to attend a show at Sleep Train. We were in a big hurry to drop off our bags and change as the weather was bad and we still had to commute from the hotel to Chula Vista. When we got to the reception, we waited behind one guest and when it was our turn to go up to her another guest approached the counter and started to ask questions about directions or something and the receptionist started helping him, I had to say "hey we're next, if he wants help he can wait in line" she apologized but still found it unpleasant that I had to speak up, she could have told that guest she will be with him in a few minutes after she checked us in.

The rooms were very nice and the view was nice, we were facing West and could see pretty well into the Marina. Overall I don't know if I would stay here again, maybe if I was in a pinch and needed a room next to Petco for a game or something.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
Garden City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This was my third time since my husband and I go every year to visit my son who lives in San Diego. We kept going back because it was always a good experience . This time not so. On the second night, on our bedspread I found what appeared to be streaks of blood. I quietly told the maid and it was changed. Most people claim the first thing they do when they get in a hotel room, they take the comforter off the bed because they are not washed as frequently as the sheets. After this, the bed started smelling like my dogs bed at home. I know it is a pet friendly hotel, but enough is enough for me. Staff is nice, but this will be my last time there.

Room Tip: Check out frequency of pets in the room?
Green Features: Yes that was good, but wash comforters regularly. Use environmentally friendly detergent
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Wilmington, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

First the good.

The people who work at the hotel are very friendly. Good selection of TV stations. Hotel is kept clean and the rooms are reasonable well pointed. Breakfast menu is just OK but serviceable.

The not so good.

The coffee maker in our room did not work starting with day two. (We were there six days.) Each day I asked that is be repaired and each day they assured me it would be fixed and each day they did not fix the problem.

One day we had a 12:30 appointment and decided to have an early lunch. Called room service at 11:45 and they would not accept my order before noon. (Their start time.) We then said we would take a wrap from the all day menu. They said they wraps had gotten so old they tossed them out. We were obviously disappointed they would not budge by 15 minutes to meet our needs.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Suwanee, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I spent 5 nights at the Indigo for a combo of work and pleasure. There was a convention in town and I was initially disappointed that I could not stay near the harbor but was pleasantly surprised by the hotel. The staff is very pleasant and its conveniently located near restaurants and a short can ride from many attractions. The only negative was the price of the restaurant food. But overall I was very satisfied.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Odenton, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Front desk service was stellar-Meg checked us in early which allowed us to get out and enjoy our vacation. Renee was also very helpful. Only reason why I didn't give five stars is because the room aggravated my allergies with some sort of reaction to the cleaning supplies.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
HotelIndigoSanDiego, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
JMZ325,

Thank you for writing such lovely feedback about your staff and the Front Office staff! I will definitely pass on your comments to both Megan and Renee – they are such gems to have! I am so sorry that you experienced allergy issues! Next time you stay with us, be sure to let us know about your previous experience so we can try a different method of cleaning for your room.

Thanks again!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Really! We either had to pay $50 for some service to park our car or for us to park at the meter, get up at 6 am to change parking spots. We slept in and didn't move. We didn't get a ticket. I gave the hotel 3 stars to thank the city of San Diego for not ticketing us.

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We were in a 18-day trip through the coast of California, and were happily surprised with the hotel. Yes, the parking is a freaking steal, but after a 4 hour drive, we didn't care. The hotel is new, the room was spacious, the shower was marvellous, and the hotel is pet friendly. We didn't have our dogs with us, but seeing them in the hotel made me happier!
Totally recommend, just be prepare to pay US$ 41 for the parking, or try some place else.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Taisa Cristina C,

Thank you for choosing our hotel during your California Coast journey! It is wonderful to hear that the hotel was accommodating! Next time bring the four-legged friends!

We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Been to Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter? Share your experiences!