“Thank You So Much!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
San Clemente, California
“Thank You So Much!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Wow! What a wonderful place to stay with your pup in San Diego! This lovely hotel is modern and clean, well appointed, and the rooms even feature luxury items like Aveda bath products and super-comfortable beds with high-quality linens. The staff could not have been nicer and more welcoming. We felt like VIPs, our pup, Higgins, included. While we decided on room service, dogs are welcome in the hotel's very nice ground-floor restaurant and on the rooftop bar/restaurant, which even has an artificial grass doggie area! On top of all this, the Indigo is ideally situated in the East Village/Gaslamp district...you can easily walk to restaurants, and to Petco Park. Gold star, Indigo! Can't wait for our next visit!
PS: Don't be too concerned if you are NOT traveling with your dog, or if you are not crazy about dogs. We experienced: no doggie smells whatsoever (our room was pristine) and no barking (it was a REALLY quiet, very restful sleep).

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I visited Dan Diego for a large conference. I was a little late in booking a room so the large conference hotels were all booked out. As an ihg Member I thought I would try the indigo chain which is a little more funky than the holiday inn but less 5 star than they intercontinental chain. It is a relatively small hotel but we'll worth the visit. The rooms were great and we'll appointed. The location is in the gas lamp area with a view to the baseball field and walking distance to everything including the convention centre and a host of great restaurants both on the main food strip and little non tourist restaurants off the main strip . The hotel itself was charming and fun. The rooftop bar was fantastic. We had drinks outside several times in November.. I would highly recommend this hotel. I've since stayed at indigo hotels in Barcelona and Nashvile and both were fantastic.. I know look for this chain...

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Townsville, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I won my 10 day stay on the priceline mystery and I must admit I was concerned when I read that this was a pet friendly hotel. Not that I have anything against pets but I am allergic to dog and cat hairs. My first reaction was OMG can I get my money back if I have asthma what happens if a dog is howling all night!
My fears were total over reaction. Hotel Indigo is a very cool comfortable hotel situated right in the heart of the gaslight district. Close to the great Gaslight restaurants and also for those of you that like public transport - THE TRAM. The staff were courteous and friendly even to the extent when there was a noisy event at the local ball park to upgrade us to a quiet room at the back. The rooms are very comfortable, the internet has good bandwidth, the staff very accommodating.
I have been quite critical of some of the places I have stayed recently on my 3 month tour of North and Central America so I am so pleased that I can write a good review. I hope they keep up the standards ans you are equally impressed by the quality of service and board you get here. BTW I think I only met one dog in my whole stat and he was freindly. If you take your pets on holes with you then this is definitely a place to go

Room Tip: Facing the hotel rooms at the bacdk on the lhs.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Lake Elsinore, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here the night before a workshop at the gorgeous library 3 blocks away, and was so happy to see all the dogs! My room was beautiful, everyone on staff was really friendly, and I loved being able to walk to both the library and the Gaslamp district. It's also only 2 or 3 blocks from Petco Park, great for baseball fans. The neighborhood has lots of nice high rise condo/apartment buildings, and I saw lots more people walking their dogs, skateboarding, and just enjoying city life.

My husband & I actually went to high school together out in the suburbs, and now that his parents are both gone, there is no house to go to, and we've been hoping to find a nice place to come down with our four-footed child. I think Hotel Indigo will fit the bill really well!

Room Tip: Some rooms face residential high rises - if you care, ask for a street-side room, but you might have...
Green Features: If you have hot flashes, or have trouble staying warm, just be aware that the thermostat only adjusts from 68 to 72 degrees, which I found ok for the most part.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Redondo Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Pleasantly surprised with this one. We booked this hotel day of because of it's prime location and decent price tag! We wanted to be as close to gaslamp as possible, but the other bigger hotels (Omni, Hilton) were a bit pricey. We definitely took a chance with this one. When we arrived, we found that there was a parking lot just around the corner from the place (that's definitely way cheaper than the parking the hotel offers). This was already a plus for us. We were welcomed by great customer service and super cute and modern lobby. The decor of the lobby as well as the room really did it for me. It didn't feel like a chain hotel at all. The furniture was so tasteful and the room was extremely clean. Best part was the hardwood floors. I could go on and on about all the things I loved about this place but that's the gist of it. Very high quality hotel and an amazing location at such a decent price. Can't go wrong with that!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
HotelIndigoSanDiego, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this review, 1 week ago
What amazing feedback! Thank you very much for staying with us. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel Indigo.

Thank you!
Anaheim Hills, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I stayed at this hotel over the weekend. We wanted something that was within walking distance to the Gaslamp area, was reasonably priced and we got it! It is an easy five minute walk to the heart of the action where dining and shopping are located. The hotel itself is wonderful. The decor of the lobby, bars, and rooftop is trendy and modern. The room was tastefully decorated with wood flooring and nice bedding. The bed was very comfortable and the room was quiet for a perfect nights sleep! The bathroom was nice with a large walk in shower. We really loved how clean everything was. The only reason I did not rate this hotel 5 stars is due to the VERY HIGH overnight parking price of $41.00. There are other hotels in the area that charge much less than this. We did see some people parking in the public lot one block down for $10.00 and walking over to the hotel to check in. If I stayed here again, I would walk the block and park for the cheaper price. Overall, we had a great stay and were very impressed with the hotel.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Southport, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Very comfortable hotel in the city. Room is sufficient in size and comfortable bed. Amenities is premium quality and great coffee machine in-room.

Being a Platinum IHG member we enjoy the free wifi access, however breakfast was a bit on the high side. Nice bar on the 9th floor overlooking the petco stadium.

Easy walk to Gaslamp area, restaurants, shops, etc.

Valet parking extremely high (not recommended), you find your own parking at the public park which is at a fraction of the cost.

Negative is that housekeeping is not thorough, when we went back to room after 3pm on one of our stay, room wasn't clean yet. Staff kind of arrogant, just said housekeeping might have missed our room and called them to clean soonest. That's it full stop. We don't get this from a so-called five stars hotel. Where is their quality control? We don't pay high price to get this treatment.

There are many other choices of same star ratings hotel in downtown, so it's worth to check around before making booking.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter? Share your experiences!