“Loved the view and the roof top bar” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #42 of 273 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Redwood City, California
“Loved the view and the roof top bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We were on the 10th floor and had a gorgeous city view. Loved the huge window to look out over the city. Beds were comfy with lots of pillows. Room was very clean. Loved the modern look to the room and the big shower stall in the bathroom and Aveda bath products. Staff was very friendly and helpful when asked about places to eat. Location was awesome as we were going to see a ballgame. Roof top bar with it's gas fire pits was a great way to relax after the game. We were surprised that last call was called at 12:30am. We were 4 blocks away from the main street in the Gaslamp (5th ave.) so it was an easy walk to the restaurants and entertainment. Our coffee maker did not work in the morning, and when we called the front desk they said someone from maintenance would come up, but nobody came. That was the only irritation we had with our stay. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
HotelIndigoSanDiego, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
MarciaMarciaMarcia2,

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us while in San Diego. Thank you for taking the time and writing such a lovely review about our Hotel Indigo. It is wonderful that you were able to take advantage of our Level 9 Terrace and you loved the views from your room. I apologize that you experienced problems with the coffee maker and we were not able to remedy the situation.

I hope to see you again in the future the next time you are in San Diego.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

The Indigo is the newer, trendy offering from the larger IHG chain (InterContinental) and the only Leed Certified hotel in this area. Charlotte and Vanessa on the front desk opened our stay here to an incredible level of customer service.
The hotel itself is perfect. It's location on the inner edge of the trendy restaurants/bars/ shops/galleries zone of the Gaslight District is ideal with the buzz right at hand but not enough to disturb.
The materials used in its construction are not only eco-conscious but beautiful. Guest rooms are spacious with natural hard flooring and area rugs around the beds, large windows that actually open to terrific views, great shower with above average water pressure and temp control, several wall hooks in bath, Aveda bath products, soft towels, large closet and plenty of drawer space, intelligent room thermostats, excellent television and channels selection, Keurig coffee maker, etc etc etc. There are impressive outdoor spaces on high floors including a great rooftop bar with ample separate seating areas and a fire pit, a lovely grassy spot to relieve your dog, and a meditation lounge.
It does not have a pool but that is the only thing resembling a complaint from me regarding this amazing property in downtown San Diego. (If the management could make a deal for pool use with one of the condo associations in the many buildings with pools next door and all around the block, we'd probably move in.)
The fact that the Indigo is pet-friendly is the icing on the cake. We are so impressed and comfortable with every aspect of this hotel that we will make a point of coming thru San Diego in future travels just to stay here.

• Stayed July 2013
Verymary,

Thank you for dropping by and leaving such a detailed and wonderful review about our Hotel Indigo! I will ensure that Charlotte and Vanessa hear about the great comments you left for them. It is fantastic to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your time here and we cannot wait to see you again in the future!
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We came to SD for the 4th of July with our dog. We loved that it was pet friendly and in a great location. We were able to find delicious food and snacks within blocks! You can also see the stadium which was beautiful at night.

With that being said, I am not impressed with the hotel. The service was subpar. Compared to other hotels I've visited, even overseas I've never received such mediocre service. The woman who checked us in was monotone, and lacked emotion. I literally had to ask her to speak up and repeat herself while she was checking us in. Now the valet personnel were really friendly and warm, we did pay $49 to park, but the perk is that its in and out parking!

The actual room and hotel is nicely furnished, clean and spacious, we had more than enough room in our King room. The main off-putting event at this hotel was that my fiance left his charger in the wall and when we called they located it. However, he called a few days later to make sure they shipped it, and no one had a clue about what he was talking about, even the person he originally spoke with!

Also, for those of you taking pets, be aware that they do not have a designated place for dogs to take care of business like most pet friendly hotels, and being picky they didn't even give us a complimentary dog treat.

Overall I would say that this hotel is just Ok, I would recommend it for a quick trip but not more than a day or two, and that is only because of the location. If you are big on service and amenities like us, I would say look else where.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
HotelIndigoSanDiego, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Ctinaluca,

Thank you for taking the time and writing such a detailed review. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experience with our Hotel Indigo and I hope it did not cause you too much dissatisfaction. We strive for guest satisfaction and it is extremely unfortunate this was not the case for you.

I see you were not able to take advantage of our Level 9 Terrace because we do have an area for the pets and if you chose to stay with us again, feel free to take your furry friend there. It is a wonderful location with a bar set up and a fantastic view of the Petco Park statdium. We also offer complimentary dog treats at the Front Desk but were waiting for an order to come through the beginning of the month and I am sorry we did not have them here for your little one.

Again, I apologize for the troubles you experience here and I hope you give us the opportunity again when in San Diego.
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Found a nice deal on this hotel on Priceline. Parking at the hotel is very expensive but there are free parking spots near by during the day and about $6 a night overnight parking in lots 1-2 blocks away. We traveled with a child. It doesn't look to be a super child friendly hotel but the room was spacious, modern and clean. There are some nice breakfast choices walking distance from the hotel and many major attractions are near by.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HotelIndigoSanDiego, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
AlikK,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our property. I am happy to hear you were able to find a wonderful deal on Priceline and that you enjoyed you time in San Diego. It is also great to hear you were able to take advantage of this location and find both parking options along with breakfast choices nearby.

Thank you again for staying and we will see you again in the future!
Lander, Wyoming, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I am so amazed by this hotel and its staff!! Chris, our Level 9 bartender was so much fun!!! And Jose was our amazing "go to" guy. Whenever we were looking for food or fun, he had recommendations that were spot on. It is nice to have help in an unknown city that always ends up being the perfect fit for what we were searching for... If you stay at this hotel, ask for Jose!!! He just knows what you need.

Room Tip: We were on the 4 th floor. Never heard a peep. Very quiet, calm and soooo friendly.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
HotelIndigoSanDiego, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Terri M,

I thank you for writing such an amazing review about our hotel and the wonderful service we experienced here. We strive for guest satisfaction and I am thrilled to hear we were able to demonstrate that for you. I will ensure both Jose and Chris here about your terrific feedback.

Again, thank you for stopping by and we will see you in the future.
Lincoln, Ne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This hotel is in a great location-close to Petco Park, Gaslamp, and Coronado Island. We stayed for five nights in late June and were very pleased with our choice. The lobby is bright and aesthetically pleasing, and check in was a breeze. Our two queen room on the 3rd floor was large with a good view of the stadium. Very modern decor, nice spa shower with Aveda products, and Keurig coffee maker (so bring your k-cups). My partner found his bed perfect, but I thought mine was overly firm. A request for a mattress topper was granted with no issue and that solved the problem. BTW- the maid service was excellent. The room itself was beginning to exhibit some signs of wear: chipped laminate wood flooring, scuffed walls. But overall, we found it quite comfortable. The valet is $38/night, expensive yes, but the service is 5 star. You text for your vehicle as you head down, and it's waiting for you when you arrive. The guys were super friendly and professional.

Our only negative experience occurred at the 9th floor rooftop bar. We were in SD for a family reunion and took our nieces and nephews up for a cocktail and a look at the view. We attempted to order drinks and were confronted with an extremely rude and disrespectful bartender named ISHMAEL. He treated us terribly and even made disparaging remarks about our group to a patron at the bar. It was rather shocking, so we went back to the lobby and explained the situation to the desk clerk. She was, of course, apologetic, and it was handed with aplomb by the hotel manager. No hard feelings. It was a great visit to SD, and I would recommend this hotel and the wonderful staff whole heartedly.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Inktvlr,

Thank you for stopping by and leaving such a detailed review! It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the Hotel Indigo and that we were able to demonstrate great customer service. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced at the Level 9 Terrace. I will ensure the necessary steps are taken so this does not happen again.

Again I thank you for taking the time into writing a wonderful review and we cannot wait to see you again in the future.
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I booked a one night stay for myself and a friend I live in San Diego and needed the extra room due to having a small condo. I pretty much picked this hotel because they are IHG and my status should help me with amenities and late check out.

1. Upon walking into room at check inn a guy next to our room approached us and said " Hey guys I am staying in my room alone but I am VERY LOUD so please just knock on my door do not call security. We found it strange but just said okay and went on our way. They room was small but had a nice view. There was no gift in the room for being platinum. I was given drink tickets at check in but there was so manny restrictions to use them It was not worth it. I have about 50-60 nights at IHG hotels and this property gave NO recognition.

2. Around 3 am we get a loud knock on our door with 2 security guards saying "WE" had a noise complaint. My response was "from this room" He said yes and we could hear your TV from the hallway. #1 if you can hear the TV there is a problem with your doors and privacy of the guest. You should not be able to hear the TV from the hallway. #2 maybe call the room rather than sending up security for a shakedown dramatic ordeal.

3. I called the front desk and said I felt uncomfortable with the situation and probably could not sleep know there was a weird guy next to us that was probably the guy complaining. We had done NOTHING wrong and a "loud tv" should not warrant a knock on the door waking up one of us. The hotel offered NOTHING as far as moving us. I even asked for the the manager to call when he arrived the next day and NOTHING.

4. I asked for my 4pm late check out. I was told the hotel was "sold out" so there was no late check outs. I went online and there was rooms for sale so I called IHG and asked how many rooms where available. They said more than 20. So I called back to the front desk and got the same guy stating he was the manager on duty and said IHG said there was 20 plus rooms and you said you are sold out so which was it. He someone rudely said you have a 4 PM checkout i granted it.

The bottom line certain front desk staff has a super bad attitude and if you plan on being recognized for being platinum and get your gifts and late check out this is NOT your hotel. There was also a bad smell on our floor and they still would not move it. ( we thought it could be coming from our weird neighbors room).

Overall I was unhappy with the service and the way the treat a platinum guest. And even after asking to move I felt weird and got NO SLEEP. Hopefully they can fix it.

Room Tip: Get a view room so you can see the water. Floor 9 or higher
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
HotelIndigoSanDiego, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Sandiegobrady,

Thank you for taking the time into writing such a detailed review about our Hotel Indigo. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced at our property. We strive to make our IHG Reward members feel welcomed and comfortable throughout their stay and it is extremely unfortunate that this was not the matter in your case. I am thankful that you left these comments in order for us to grow as a hotel and ensure this does not happen again. We will be sure to take the necessary steps to resolve these issues you experienced.

Again, I thank you for your time in writing this review and we hope you give us the opportunity again in the future.