“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Los Angeles, California
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We got two rooms on July 4th--one for our kids and one for us. We were upgraded without asking to a great room with a balcony which gave us a direct view of the fireworks in the bay and of Padres Stadium. It was amazing! The staff was super-accommodating. I seldom write reviews, but I was inspired, so here it is. I definitely would recommend the hotel and wouldn't consider any other in this part of town.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
HotelIndigoSanDiego, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Hello Jcrohn,

Thank you for choosing our Hotel Indigo! It's wonderful to hear you enjoyed our Terrace Suite during the 4th of July show! We also wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your great stay. We cannot wait to have you and your family back at our property.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
Danville, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Indigo for three days while attending a convention. This is the fourth time I've stayed at this hotel, and I'm always impressed by the quality of service and responsiveness. As an example, I needed to get some packages Fed-Ex'd back home after the convention, and while the hotel doesn't have a relationship with Fed-Ex, Sergio took it upon himself to babysit my packages, and got them back to me in NorCal within a couple of days. He went beyond the call of duty to make sure I was taken care of.

Another example -- on the next to last day of our stay we went downstairs for breakfast.The food server immediately informed us that the kitchen was severely stacked up and it would be about 45 minutes befor the food would come out. Sure enough, it took 45 minutes for the food, but the server comped our beverages andd took 25% off our food bill. The food was great, but the server's customer service was even better!

The only glitch I experienced was on the reservation side. I had booked four rooms and two were on the same reservation. One of our attendees was unable to make the trip, so I called about five days prior to arrival to cancel her reservation. While I only wanted to cancel one of the two rooms on the reservation, I was told I needed to cancel both rooms and make a new reservation for the single room. We did that, but the priced increased by almost $80 per night for that room. That didn't seem right, especially since I had two other rooms booked. Also, I could have booked the hotel through the convention for about $100 per night less, but I booked directly to ensure we would get good rooms. The great service they show at the hotel did not correspond to the questionable service at the reservation center, and it doesn't seem to be the best way to treat a Priority Club member.

When you stay at the Indigo, ask for a room facing PetCo Park, as the views are spectacular. The rooms are nice, and the wood floors enhance cleanliness. Also, try the outdoor bar on the 9th floor. On a night when the Padres are playing, you can actually watch the game from the bar area. Once again the Indigo did not disappoint, but they need to revisit their reservation sytem and corresponding pricing.

Room Tip: High floors with view of Petco Park
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
ZonemanDanville,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. It's wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you are a repeat guest! I will ensure that both Sergio and my food and beverage department hear about the feedback you have provided.

I am so sorry to hear that you had trouble with the reservation desk. I sincerely apologize for any dissatisfaction you experienced with this issue. I will ensure that we revisit the reservation department to ensure an easier method of adjusting reservations.

Again, I thank you for you comments and cannot wait to see you again in the future.
Solana Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My partner and I have stayed here the last few years in January for our anniversary "getaway" weekend (we live in North County San Diego). It's modern, clean, and it's best feature is its location - close to the stadium (though we can't take advantage in January :)) and all the great restaurants in East Village and the Gaslamp. No need for a car if you don't plan to leave the downtown San Diego area. We take the train down and it's moderate walk (or short trolley or cab ride) from the train station. They allow dogs in some of the rooms and have a pretty nice fitness center. We haven't gone to the rooftop bar but have heard good things about it.

The service we've experienced has always been good. Last trip, we decided to get room service on our there and had a little problem with the wrong menu being in the room. But after we talked to the manager, he personally brought the food up to our room and comped much of our meal

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Heather O,

Thank you for your review about our Hotel Indigo! It is wonderful to hear you've enjoyed your time both here at the hotel and in the Gaslamp District. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with our room service but I am happy to hear we were able to remedy the situation.

The next time you visit you will have to try out both the Level 9 Terrace along with a Padres game. We look forward to seeing you again in the future and again thank you for your time in writing a great review of our property.
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Right in the middle of the Gaslamp. Walk to great dining. A baseball's throw from Petco Park. Staff was friendly and very helpful. The rooms are tastefully decorated, spacious, immaculate and comfortable. My wife and I checked in on a Thursday and were driving back to Tucson right after she finished the Rock & Roll Marathon on June 2nd. A late checkout allowed her to get a shower before hitting the road. They gave us great recommendations for meals and were just super helpful. Parking was $39.00 a night, so next time we'll fly but there is no question as to where we'll stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dana W,

What wonderful words to describe our Hotel Indigo! Thank you so much for the fantastic feedback. I am delighted to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your time in San Diego and that we were able to assist you in that late check out after that exhausting race. We look forward to seeing you and your wife again in the future.
Greensburg, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

This was a girlfriend trip, four of us were in a room, good thing we are great friends! The employes are the most friendly and helpful. We had an air conditioning problem on our second night, called and they sent Richard up and he had it fixed in no time. He brought two fans up, in case we needed them. Location is great, especially if you like baseball. This is a very pet friendly place. I would highly recomend this hotel to my family and friends.

Room Tip: Up, go up to the tenth floor!!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Susan R,

Thank you for choosing our Hotel Indigo for a girlfriend get-a-way. It is wonderful that you enjoyed your time in the Gaslamp District. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience of the air conditioning unit but am glad that Richard was able to assist you ladies. We are currently troubleshooting the air conditioning units to ensure cool rooms for you the next time you stay with us.

Again, we thank you for the feedback and look forward to you staying with us again.
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Indigo Suites for two nights for the Rock and Roll Marathon on June 2nd. We were very pleased with our entire stay. We spent two evenings sitting at the roof top bar enjoying the views and drinks. I want to specifically thank Nicky at the front desk. On the night of the race we called for a wakeup call and asked for directions to the start line of the race. Afterwards I received a call from her asking if I was interested in having her arrange transportation for us. She then called several other guests to see if they would be willing to share a van with us to keep the costs to a minimum. In the morning my wife and I joined 6 other couples for a ride to the start line. This made our morning so much easier than it would have been. Thank you so much for taking the initiative to help us even without us asking. Everyone at the hotel had this type of a positive attitude and commitment to customer satisfaction. As a result I will only stay here on my trips to San Diego!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Spencer702,

Thank you for choosing our Indigo while attending the Rock and Roll Marathon! I am happy to hear that Nicky was able to provide you and the other racers options for transportation. I will ensure she reads your feedback of both her service and of our property. It is wonderful that you were able to take advantage of our Level 9 Terrace while staying and that the views were up to par. I am also pleased to hear that we were able to demonstrate positive attitudes and great customer service; it is what we strive for here at our Hotel Indigo--guest satisfaction.

We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in San Diego.
Rumford, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed, immensely, our four-days' stay at the Indigo. We were there for a wedding. We're from R.I. and flew in for the event.

The hotel's location is within walking distance of so many venues - restaurants, shops, convention center, the ball park, the ocean - I couldn't possibly list them all here. So, the location is fantastic.

The staff was always cordial and accommodating, treating us and the other guests with utmost respect. Of particular note was our young "chambermaid", Esther. Whenever we left and returned to our room, she saw to it that it was in spotless condition. She's a credit to her profession and to her Indigo.

Cleanliness within a hotel is extremely important to us; and even though Indigo caters to pet owners, but for my seeing people with their pets, I would not have suspected pets were there: that's how clean the hotel is. There weren't any odors, no "signs" of pets, nothing. The hotel always looked and smelled clean.

If I ever travel to San Diego again, Indigo is where we'll be staying.

Room Tip: Just an aside. We were on the 12th floor. What a view we had. I expected delays, waiting for the el...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
HotelIndigoSanDiego, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Ernie-Joe69,

It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed the location of our Hotel Indigo while visiting San Diego. Thank you for taking the time to write a fantastic review along with commenting on Esther's services. We will ensure she hears this great feedback. We here at the Hotel Indigo strive to make our guests as comfortable as possible including ensuring 100% cleanliness. Although we love our furry friends visiting, we make certain our property remains spotless.

Thank you again for your kind words of our hotel and cannot wait to see you again.

Been to Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter? Share your experiences!