“Hotel Indigo Rocks....” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Greensburg, Kentucky
“Hotel Indigo Rocks....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

This was a girlfriend trip, four of us were in a room, good thing we are great friends! The employes are the most friendly and helpful. We had an air conditioning problem on our second night, called and they sent Richard up and he had it fixed in no time. He brought two fans up, in case we needed them. Location is great, especially if you like baseball. This is a very pet friendly place. I would highly recomend this hotel to my family and friends.

Room Tip: Up, go up to the tenth floor!!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
HotelIndigoSanDiego, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Susan R,

Thank you for choosing our Hotel Indigo for a girlfriend get-a-way. It is wonderful that you enjoyed your time in the Gaslamp District. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience of the air conditioning unit but am glad that Richard was able to assist you ladies. We are currently troubleshooting the air conditioning units to ensure cool rooms for you the next time you stay with us.

Again, we thank you for the feedback and look forward to you staying with us again.

1,067 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Indigo Suites for two nights for the Rock and Roll Marathon on June 2nd. We were very pleased with our entire stay. We spent two evenings sitting at the roof top bar enjoying the views and drinks. I want to specifically thank Nicky at the front desk. On the night of the race we called for a wakeup call and asked for directions to the start line of the race. Afterwards I received a call from her asking if I was interested in having her arrange transportation for us. She then called several other guests to see if they would be willing to share a van with us to keep the costs to a minimum. In the morning my wife and I joined 6 other couples for a ride to the start line. This made our morning so much easier than it would have been. Thank you so much for taking the initiative to help us even without us asking. Everyone at the hotel had this type of a positive attitude and commitment to customer satisfaction. As a result I will only stay here on my trips to San Diego!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Spencer702,

Thank you for choosing our Indigo while attending the Rock and Roll Marathon! I am happy to hear that Nicky was able to provide you and the other racers options for transportation. I will ensure she reads your feedback of both her service and of our property. It is wonderful that you were able to take advantage of our Level 9 Terrace while staying and that the views were up to par. I am also pleased to hear that we were able to demonstrate positive attitudes and great customer service; it is what we strive for here at our Hotel Indigo--guest satisfaction.

We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in San Diego.
Rumford, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed, immensely, our four-days' stay at the Indigo. We were there for a wedding. We're from R.I. and flew in for the event.

The hotel's location is within walking distance of so many venues - restaurants, shops, convention center, the ball park, the ocean - I couldn't possibly list them all here. So, the location is fantastic.

The staff was always cordial and accommodating, treating us and the other guests with utmost respect. Of particular note was our young "chambermaid", Esther. Whenever we left and returned to our room, she saw to it that it was in spotless condition. She's a credit to her profession and to her Indigo.

Cleanliness within a hotel is extremely important to us; and even though Indigo caters to pet owners, but for my seeing people with their pets, I would not have suspected pets were there: that's how clean the hotel is. There weren't any odors, no "signs" of pets, nothing. The hotel always looked and smelled clean.

If I ever travel to San Diego again, Indigo is where we'll be staying.

Room Tip: Just an aside. We were on the 12th floor. What a view we had. I expected delays, waiting for the el...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
HotelIndigoSanDiego, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Ernie-Joe69,

It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed the location of our Hotel Indigo while visiting San Diego. Thank you for taking the time to write a fantastic review along with commenting on Esther's services. We will ensure she hears this great feedback. We here at the Hotel Indigo strive to make our guests as comfortable as possible including ensuring 100% cleanliness. Although we love our furry friends visiting, we make certain our property remains spotless.

Thank you again for your kind words of our hotel and cannot wait to see you again.
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed here when we went to San Diego for a wedding, and we had a generally good stay. The room was clean and nicely designed, and the service was friendly. I loved that it was a pet-friendly hotel (even though we didn't have a pet), and the food at the hotel restaurant was generally good. The fitness center is smaller and a little sadder than the photos make it seem online, but it was totally fine for our needs. There is a business center where you can use their printer and computers free of charge, and there is free wifi in the rooms. In general, I would recommend this hotel and would consider staying here again. We had several negative experiences, most related to the service:

First, I had reserved several nights for the wedding weekend, and then I realized I needed an additional night at the front-end of the trip. I called to make the reservation and was told I would have to pay a different rate than the rest of the reservation. I said that was fine (after all, I was making the reservation so much later than the first reservation). They very kindly told me they'd be able to keep me in the same room the whole time. When I checked in, the guy at the front desk assured me I'd be in the same room the whole time, and I didn't have to do anything more. Great. Then, after I spent my first night, around 11am, when I had my "do not disturb" sign out, a guy knocked on my door and asked if I was checking out! No, I told him, I had another reservation and was told I didn't have to do anything about it. The guy said that actually I had to go down to the front desk and check in and out and get new keys. Okay, not the end of the world, but really annoying to be told at first that I didn't have to do anything, and then to be interrupted when I had my "do not disturb" sign out and told that actually I *did* have to do something.

Second, the bedside clock in our room was not set to the correct time. We tried for a while to set it correctly, but we couldn't figure out how to do it, even after looking for the instruction manual online. I called the front desk and they said they would send someone up "right away." This was around 11pm at night, and both my husband and I wanted to get to sleep, but it took about 20 minutes for someone to arrive. Then, the guy they sent couldn't figure out how to set the time, either! It's one thing to outfit the rooms with such horrible clocks (not the end of the world), but they should at least have someone on the staff who knows how to set them. When the guy left, he didn't even offer to find out and come back--he just sort of shrugged and said sorry and left!

Third, I knew I had a package coming addressed to me care of the hotel. I alerted the front desk that the package would be arriving from UPS, and they said they'd be sure to get it to me. On the day I knew I was supposed to have received the package, I called the front desk and asked if it had arrived. The woman I spoke to located it. I said I'd be down to get it, and she said not to bother coming down, that she would send someone up right away with the package. Great, right? I waited 20 minutes, but I couldn't wait any longer--we had to leave for the rehearsal dinner. So I went down to the front desk, and I asked about my package. It was sitting at the end of the front desk, where anyone could have picked it up and walked off with it! It had never been given to anyone to bring to me! And I didn't even ASK for it to be brought to me! And the woman at the front desk didn't even apologize.

Fourth, the valet parking is atrociously highly priced ($39/night). I used it the first night and then I parked my car myself in nearby lots. I recommend this approach. Also, note that the cost of the valet parking is $39, not $38, which is what the hotel says on its website and even what the people on the "reservations" line say it is. I know it's only a dollar's difference, but the people making reservations and the hotel's website should provide accurate information about the cost of their services.

Fifth, for the day that I used the valet parking, I was given a stub and told to text the number on my stub when I wanted my car, and it would be ready for me when I got down to the lobby. This system did not work, and my car was not waiting for me. The valet on duty said they didn't receive my text.

Sixth, the room has a self-controlled thermostat, which is nice, but every time the AC kicks in, it makes a loud click (or at least it did in our room). It woke up both my husband and me all night long on our first night. Then my husband figured out how to set the fan to run continuously all night, which isn't particularly "green" and which we didn't need in terms of temperature, but it was a way to avoid the constant clicking.

Seventh, and this is probably more a matter of preference than anything else, their pillows are REALLY thick, like three times the thickness of a normal pillow, which I find uncomfortable, but which some people might like.

I guess this is a lot of negatives, but overall, as I said, the experience was a generally good one, and I wouldn't avoid this hotel in the future, although I think they can work on their service in particular.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear perzsa84,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I am glad to see that you left some feed back on what you liked as well as what fell below your expectations. I would like to apologize for the dissatisfaction you had experienced during your stay because of the rates for parking. We are hospitality professionals who work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we strive to provide service rates that are competitive in the area. It is certainly not our intent to inconvenience our valued customers, but to instead provide good value, comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations.

Thank you for all your comments as this is very helpful to us to ensure we are able to meet our guests expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Los Angeles, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

This hotel is just so cozy but also so modern and pretty cool. Everything was clean and wonderful! Staff was also great and it was very central to a lot of shops and the convention center in San Diego. The decor in the room was my favorite, super modern-retro! I can't wait to stay there again! :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Ivonne A,

I am happy to hear you loved the design of our Hotel Indigo. Thank you for taking the time to write a marvelous review about both our hotel along with the staff. We aspire to making our guests feel extremely welcomed and it is great to know we are demonstrating this to our guests such as yourself.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Many hotels claim to be pet friendly but then you find they add daily extra fees, special cleaning fees on departure and the pets aren't permitted in public areas of the hotels. This would be more accurately described as 'pet tolerant' in my opinion. Hotel Indigo is light years ahead of these places and is truly pet friendly. No extra fees, no restrictions on were pets can go, a thoughtful purpose-built grassy area on rooftop (level 9) equipped with poo-bags, sensible yet stylish wood floors in the rooms and a great downtown location. Our two fur-babies were genuinely welcomed by the staff. Oh, and so were we:) Totally recommend Hotel Indigo!

Room Tip: You can indeed see Petco Park from the Level 9 rooftop, but if you're true baseball fan it will...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Kate M,

I am so happy to hear that you and your fur-babies had a great time staying with us at the Hotel Indigo. Yes, we are extremely pet friendly and enjoy when our guests bring their furry friends with them. Thank you for taking the time to comment on our property and we look forward to seeing you and the little ones again.
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This hotel was in a fantastic location, but the best part was the service. Jose went out of his way to make recommendations and help us in any way that he was able. He helped me rent a car that picked us up at the hotel and the service was perfect. He made restaurant recommendations that were fantastic. He even had free tickets to a Padres game. Thank you Jose and all of the staff at Hotel Indigo.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Mdrimer,

Hello and thank you for stopping by and leaving a wonderful review about our Hotel Indigo. What fantastic comments about Jose! I will ensure he hears about the feedback you left. I am glad to hear you had a great time in San Diego and at the ball game. We cannot wait to see you again in the future.

Been to Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter? Share your experiences!