“Personnel made it great” 5 of 5 stars

Save up to 25%
Ranked #32 of 270 hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Clinton, New Jersey
“Personnel made it great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

The staff at the hotel turned an otherwise ordinary, almost mundane hotel stay into an excellent one. Every single person I dealt with was on-the-ball and jumped at the opportunity to help me out. I was an unusual customer: I rented a bike instead of a car, I wanted a gym pass, I preferred no housekeeping, and I had a problem with my restaurant bill. Everything was taken care of perfectly, professionally, and with ample courtesy. And that is why I would return to this hotel and/or recommend it to family/friends in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Avoid the 8th and 10th floors since there's a bar on the 9th, if you're a light sleeper. If...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

1,067 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
Hua Hin, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I recently stayed here for 5 nights and it was the best experience I've had in san diego! I flew in from Asia for graduation and Brian checked me and helped me get situated. He was so friendly and understanding. Although the reason I wanted to stay there was for the rooftop bar I ended up going to the restaurant downstairs which not only had awesome service (thank you Mike, i think the name was) but really great food and mimosas. The rooms are surprisingly pretty spacious and had an awesome view of petco park and downtown san diego. It's not crazy loud on the weekends so if you're traveling with a family it's really nice as well. Thank you Jose and Darren as well for being so incredible nice and friendly! I will definitely be staying here again and have told countless friends to send their families there. Thank you Hotel Indigo for contributing to the best graduation weekend I could have asked for!

Room Tip: try and book a room facing Petco Park!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

My stay with Hotel Indigo was outstanding. Along with clean, comfortable accommodations, the staff was exceptional in every way. The individuals working the bar were kind, amicable, and professional. We were helped by Matt, Mike, Chris, and Curtis. Can't put a price on great customer service;) Thank you for making me feel welcome and at home!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Stayed here for three nights while attending a function at the SD concourse. It's a nice walk or taxi ride to either the convention center or the concourse. The hotel is close enough you can walk to the various clubs and pubs in the gaslamp, but just far enough that you can't hear the music. The rooftop bar on the 9th floor looks out over part of the baseball stadium, and has nice view of downtown... great way to enjoy the warm evenings.

The rooms are comfortable and well equipped, but nice and simple... nothing crazy exotic, just easy to use. The free wifi is quite reliable, and the business center printers are quick and easy.

Overall, a reliable, professional, comfortable hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I'm very happy with my choice of the Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, and you will be too. It's a very good location; the staff is very accommodating, extremely service oriented, and hospitable without being overbearing.

Room Tip: Realize that this is a dog-friendly hotel . . . man's best friend.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I have never been at this hotel or the Gaslamp Quarter in San Diego, and within walking distance of Petco Park, home of the Padres. My room was nicely furnished in modern decor, great bar area in the lobby, nice meeting rooms, right in the middle of the downtown nightlife and restaurants. No shuttle to the airport, you have to take a cab. A very pleasant stay and will be here again this August.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
La Puente, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel while on vacation in San Diego. When we booked our stay we noticed that the hotel was the number 1 rated pet friendly hotel in that area. So, we decided to bring our dogs with us, which ended up being a wonderful experience.

The room was perfect for us, the dogs enjoyed it as well. The Hotel has a roof top bar that is dog friendly and has a grassy area for the dogs which was pretty neat. The Hotel is also a block away from Petco park which has a park area for people to walk their dogs which was pretty cool. The hotel was able to point out some of the restaurants in the area that are pet friendly which was really nice to have. The people at the front desk were always very nice and welcoming. Overall we enjoyed our stay.

The only downside to this hotel is that per their website their parking fee is $38 a day and when we arrived, the parking attendant tells us that its $39 a day. I tell him that their website listed $38 a day and he said that they just changed it. I did also mention it to the person who checked us in and he gave us the same response. I know it's just a $1 but it would be nice if their website would be correctly updated. As of today (a month after our stay) their website still states that their parking fee is $38.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter? Share your experiences!