“Great Location in Gaslamp” 4 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #39 of 270 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Yuma, Arizona
“Great Location in Gaslamp”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I always book my hotels in the Gaslamp through Hotwire and get a great rate on a 4-star in the area. This hotel was neat because it's dog-friendly and they don't charge extra to bring your pet. Valet parking is $38/night, but if you can find a spot in a lot nearby (and don't mind walking a little) you can save some money.

I don't believe they have a pool or jacuzzi and some of the other 4-stars that I've stayed in do. We could also hear a dog barking durning the day in a room near ours, but it didn't bother us and we were out and about most of the day/evening anyways.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

First time writing a review here, but after our trip I had to:

Was so pleasantly surprised by this hotel. It's in an amazing location, walking distance to everything in Gaslamp. The hotel is clean and the staff goes above and beyond to be accommodating and friendly. For example, my fiance and I had some leftovers that we wanted to keep for the next day, but there was no mini fridge in the room. We called the front desk, they said it is usually $15/day to have a mini fridge in the room but they would be happy to waive the fee and bring one up. Awesome.

If you want to park and don't want to pay the crazy daily amount for valet, just park at one of the parking garages, there is one on 6th and K and there's another on Market street a couple blocks from the hotel. Both are around $15ish/day which is very reasonable for the area.

Great staff, great location, comfortable rooms. Top notch hotel bottomline. DEFINITELY stay here.

Room Tip: Request a high floor. We were on the 9th floor where the rooftop bar is, if you want something more...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelIndigoSanDiego, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Hello mhogan525! Thanks for reviewing our hotel, and we appreciate your comments regarding how wonderful our rooms are. We take great pride in creating a comfortable environment for our guests, and greatly appreciate seeing our team so accommodating towards our guests. We hope to see you the next time you are in San Diego!
Bucharest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I can say that this hotel is in a good position, not in a very busy street, close to streetcar station and very close to a groceries outlet (very small prices, fresh food, all sort of drinks). Staff is friendly and helpful . MANY THANKS to all staff and specially to Mike (from restaurant ) .
Rooms are soundproof , so you can sleep very well.
I spend 9 days here and I have no complains !

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I stayed here with my sister in early April, 2013. The staff were welcoming and accommodating. We stayed on the 11th floor, right at the end of the hall. It was a quiet room with a gorgeous view. One night at about 8 pm, the women in the room adjacent to ours were having a loud sing-along as they got ready to go out. I'm old enough to know this meant they would return late at night and continue the party. I called down to the desk and explained what was going on and what I didn't want to have happen upon their return. They took care of it, and we did not hear any more noise from that room. I am very grateful to them for taking care of that. On the last day, the allowed me a late check-out. I ordered room service for lunch and it arrived very quickly--well before the 20 minutes they told me it would take. Our housekeeping services were excellent also, and gave us double coffee rations as we requested. Excellent stay!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks lcrandall30 for taking the time to provide a review of the Hotel Indigo! I am excited to see our staff react so promptly and efficiently to your needs, from security, to room service, to housekeeping. Thank you again for letting us know you had such an excellent stay, and we cannot wait to see you the next time your travels take you to San Diego!
Pasadena, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

My son and I wanted to go somewhere for his spring vacation, and we had many choices of good hotels which we decided to stay at the hotel INDIGO San Diego-GASLAMP Quarter, California, USA. The hotel INDIGO San Diego-GASLAMP Quarter is located in heart of San Diego’s business district, and 10 blocks to water front. When we arrived at the hotel, we were greeted by Darren Queen front office manager. He has trained his staff well they are very friendly and knowledgeable. The room was very clean and in a good condition with good view. The hotel does not have a swimming pool, and gym is being renovated which did not matter to us. We parked the car and start our adventure by walking 10 blocks to the water front and visited the USS Midway aircraft carrier museum which is part of our great nation’s history. I highly recommend when you are the area take time and visit this wonderful museum. When we returned to the hotel for the evening we were welcome with big smile by Courtney the front office supervisor. The next day we rode our bikes to the water front and took the ferry to Coronado Island. It was very lovely ride. We visited the beautiful 125 years old Hotel Del Coronado which is designated a national historical landmark in 1977. We had lunch at one of the best burgers, salad and shake at Burger Lounge off of Orange Ave, at Coronado Island. This was great relaxing father and son trip which started with a great hotel INDIGO San Diego-GASLAMP Quarter and their friendly staff. My family and I will be back in this hotel for another adventure very soon.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Northeast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We had never been to San Diego before, so when the opportunity presented itself, away we went! We chose Hotel Indigo based on the good reviews and the superb dog-friendly pet policy of "no restrictions." The staff was very attentive -- and check-in / valet was a breeze. We were given a handicap-accessible room (which isn't necessary) on the third floor. As we were going to be there for a few days and wanted to enjoy the view that a higher floor would offer, we asked to switch rooms. While the hotel was sold out for that night, the manager said that he could switch us the following day without any problem. Great service!

The rooftop bar and bartenders were fabulous -- you can bring your dog and enjoy some food and drinks while overlooking Petco Park. You have to ask for pet bowls, but the hotel has plenty and so that was not a problem.

Our rooms were spacious, the higher floors have great views, and we enjoyed our stay immensely. I loved how you could open your window in the room for a little bit of fresh air. It's nice as a pet owner to be able to enjoy a drink and food with your dog, rather than leave him in the room (or have to find another place to go). That being said, if you're not a super dog lover, this place may not be for you. Not that there were dogs running around freely, but you are allowed to bring your dog in the bar areas, and some people might not like that. We, however, loved it!!

While I give the hotel 5 stars because of the superb staff, the great service, the comfortable rooms, the views, their pet policy and the location, it wasn't the absolute BEST hotel I've ever stayed in. The rooms were definitely not soundproof and we heard quite a bit from the rooms next door (things I didn't need to hear), the rooftop bar (gets cold, so sit near the firepits or under the heaters) was supposed to be open one night according to the posted hours (but was not), and there is no pool, in-room movies or room service.

Would I stay there again? Yes, if I was traveling with our dog. No, if we were not traveling with our dog. Not that the hotel did anything wrong, it's just that there are so many choices in San Diego (including the Gaslamp Quarter) that if I wasn't traveling with our lab, I would probably try another hotel for comparison purposes. But I definitely highly recommend Hotel Indigo and most likely will be back in the future!!

Room Tip: Get a room on the higher floors!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you AnyoneUpforACK for your review of our hotel. We at the Hotel Indigo are glad to see that the experience at our hotel was enjoyable for your entire family, including the four-legged. We will utilize your impression to continue to improve our hotel in the future. We hope to see you and your lab in near the future!
Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for three nights because I had a conference near by. The staff was super friendly. The room was very clean and the bathroom was very neat. The only thing that was a bit annoying (but really not a big deal) was that my access key did not always work in the elevator. I had to try almost 10 times to get the elevator to recognize it and allow me to access my floor. Aside from this mini thing, my overall experience was very nice. I found this hotel very hip and elegant.

Room Tip: Dogs are welcomed! So if you are looking for a place for your little friend, then check this place o...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter? Share your experiences!