“Level 9 Rooftop Bar” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 269 hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Level 9 Rooftop Bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Curtis Crawford and the Hotel Indigo staff allowed us to have our non-profit year end networking event at the newly renovated Level 9 Rooftop Bar. Our group throws about 10 events a year and this was by the far the smoothest cooridnation of all of them. We couldn't have been more thrilled with the setup, logistics, hospitality, etc that Curtis and his staff offered to us. We will definintely be going back to Hotel Indigo and Level 9 for a future events!

1,110 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I was really impressed by the management, staff and services of the hotel. It’s a massive hotel and equipped with all facilities. The rooms are very nice and clean. The best part of the hotel is its rooftop bar. I just loved it. The view from the rooftop is certainly amazing. It’s a bit away from the downtown that makes it a calm place to stay. The Gaslamp Quarter is just along with the hotel. The only concern I had is that of Parking as there were additional charges for it. However, I just had to stay there for a few days so that wasn’t a big issue for me. I got a room on the 6th floor and it was a good one. The wireless connection was a bit slow though it worked out for my laptop. It was a satisfactory stay there though it surely is one of the best for those who love rooftop bars.

Room Tip: Ask for a better view room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Hotel Indigo was kind enough to host our Holiday Charity event for Big Brothers Big Sisters at their new Level 9 Patio bar. The staff was very easy to work with, Curtis Crawford was accomodating and a huge help in coordinating the event, the bartenders were efficient, the food was great, and the ambience is fantastic! This is my new favorite rooftop bar in San Diego. Thanks to Hotel Indigo, we were able to raise over $2500 for Big Brothers Big Sisters, through the Young Professionals Committee! I will definitely be back :) Thanks again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a business meeting at the local convention center. Unlike a few previous reviews state, Hotel Indigo is NOT a mile away from the convention center. It's closer to a half mile and is only a 10-15 minute walk depending on your speed. It is located in a nice little pocket about 5-10 minutes walking from the Gaslamp Quarter, in clear view of Petco Park (San Diego Padres baseball) and a little away from the hustle and bustle of downtown San Diego.

The check-in process was very quick and efficient. The staff was extremely helpful and gave me a little map for navigation purposes around the city. The rooms were clean and spacious enough. The bed was well taken care of and very comfortable. A Keurig coffee brewer was in the room and if you need more coffee pods or a particular type, the concierge have plenty of extra and more than happy to accommodate. As for bottled water and other snacks, there is a 7-11 one block away and a CVS three blocks away, both well-stocked and more cost effective than the $5 water the hotel advertises.

The bar/restaurant area is very cozy and had plenty of choices. They have a few items they can make (omelets and such) which are not on the menu, so be sure to ask. The food was made to my exact request and the coffee was delicious, albeit a bit overpriced.

There were only three complaints I had with the hotel. 1. No refrigerator or microwave - considering you get this even in a Days Inn and other "low end" hotels the absence was a bit out of place here. It was not a serious inconvenience, but did make me stop for a minute and go "Hmmm..." 2. Fitness center remodeling - the normal fitness center is being improved and they placed a temporary one in some converted offices. It has very poor ventilation and will very quickly overheat as there was not any adequate air-conditioning (not good for a few sweating bodies). The lack of a TV or music also hurt. They do offer a one-day complimentary pass to a local gym (about three blocks away), but I like a hotel that has all the amenities I need right there and like to work out more than one day at a time. 3. TV - had a large number of channels but it frequently lost signal and would have long stretches of black screens at a time.

That being said, this was still a nice hotel and I might have been inclined to rate it closer to 4.5 stars if not for the above issues. The staff was extremely helpful and went above and beyond to answer any questions I might have and make my stay more pleasant. The hotel was always clean and housekeeping never gave me a difficult time for "Do Not Disturb" signs until the early afternoon and cleaned my room promptly as soon as I left for the day. I would like to see how the new fitness center looks when it is done, complete with abundant TV's, music, and proper air-condition/ventilation. Provided I get a good price, I would be open to staying here again in the future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

The hotel itself was fantastic - very 'green' place, helpful/friendly staff, comfortable and clean quarters, not noisy at all. My only hesitation is that it really is one mile to the San Diego Convention Center, which can be a hike for some people. The value was fantastic - as long as you're willing to walk.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
HotelIndigoSanDiego, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Travel4Business,

Thank you for taking the time to give a review from your recent stay. Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter is the first LEED Certified hotel in downtown San Diego. The hotel offers green features and uses local vendors to reduce our carbon footprint. These are just some of the many unique qualities of our hotel. We hope that you decide to choose the chic Hotel Indigo brand in other cities during your travels!
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

I won't say that it was any ONE thing, but it was the complete package, i.e., what makes you enjoy a hotel vs just tolerate one. Our stay was 2 nights (Sun & Mon) catching the Bengals-Chargers game after a week with my wife at a dude ranch in Tucson. Hey, we were almost to SD, so why not tack on a couple more days & see our team in America's best climate??

Anyway, hotel has a decent location near gaslamp district, friendly and unpretentious staff, excellent accommodations, good food. You must check out the 9th floor open air bar area with gas fire pits at night (they also serve light bites / sandwiches). It's also a good place to head to with a cup o' joe 1st thing in am, especially if you're headed from eastern time zone since you'll wake up early...

Easy walking distance to many of the sites and the Trolley / public transit. We'll visit again!

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you Mark and Betsy! We are thrilled that you found the hotel to be the perfect package! The hotel prides itself with having genuine, caring staff members who are here to make memorable guest experiences. Thank you for taking advantage of the different outlets offered at the hotel from Level 9 our roof top lounge to our fantastic restaurant, Table 509! We hope to see you visit our wonderful city again and choose Hotel Indigo for your stay!
los angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Re: Commendation – Daren Queen, Hotel Indigo

The purpose of this note is to commend Mr. Queen for the excellent service he provided to my wife and me during our stay at the Hotel Indigo this past week. In my opinion, the level of service Mr. Queen provided for us was far beyond our expectations.

I was so impressed by the support and service provided by Mr. Queen that I felt compelled to go on record with my praise. Employees like Mr. Queen truly deserve it. In an era where exceptional one-to-one customer service excellence has virtually disappeared from our society, the work that Mr. Queen did should be held up as an example for others to try to emulate.

In closing, I believe that Mr. Queen and his team truly deserve to be congratulated and rewarded for providing excellent customer service and support well beyond the expectations of both my wife and myself.

Thanks again.
Very sincerely,
Gil and Velia Cano

[--]

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter? Share your experiences!