“Cool hotel, close to everything.” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #44 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Anaheim, California
“Cool hotel, close to everything.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

This hotel is minimalistic and modern. The rooms are spacious and they are very well maintained. The atmosphere is really laid back, you can even bring your dog! The service was amazing, and they have coffee makers like the nesspresso ones. I thought it was really great, even the bathroom was really modern. The ladies at the front desk were really helpful and nice when knowing it was our first day trip in a long time! Literally you could walk everywhere anywhere. I really enjoyed staying here I had a great time and it was not expensive but it was one of the most enjoyable hotels in San Diego

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelIndigoSanDiego, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Meregorovian,

Thank you for taking the time to reflect on your stay with us at Hotel Indigo! We think it’s great that you've found our location, as well as our amenities, pleasing. We are especially glad to know that you found your experiences with the staff at the front desk friendly and enjoyable. We pride ourselves on providing great service to our guests, and knowing that you had a pleasant trip back in San Diego is what we are here for. Come see us on your next trip!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights and it is a great location if you want to be near the Gaslamp Quarter.
Rooms are lovely with a great coffee/tea machine in the room.
We thought it was free breakfast but in fact they give you a $20 voucher which was still pretty good.
Would Reccommend.

• Stayed October 2012
Clairehardman,

Thank you for your kind words and recommendation of the hotel! We are always so excited to know that guests are happy with the rooms and the provisions within them. Our location near the Gaslamp is one of the aspects of the hotel that our guests love, so we’re glad you had the chance to explore the area while you were here. Next time you’re downtown, we would love to have you stay with us!
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We had a 9th floor room and even had the convenience of terrace bar and gym on our level! A great new and modern hotel. No fuss check in...actually no fuss in general. Very roomy, with very helpful staff. We had a toilet problem here too but quickly fixed and no problem. Location is an easy walk to Petco Stadium, the Gaslamp Quarter restaurant strip and Horton Plaza. We even walked to the waterfront, though thats mroe difficult to acccess (thank you convention centre!!). Didn't use the hotel restaurant with so much to choose from locally. Would comfortably suit a week-long stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelIndigoSanDiego, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Zacstar,

We are so happy to see your review! Our location in close walking distance to the famous Gaslamp District makes accessing the many restaurants, bars, and nightlife very convenient for our guests. The Level 9 bar is looking forward to it's remodel being finished at the end of October for a new, more functional space to enjoy a drink or watch a baseball game at Petco stadium. We hope to see you again soon!
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Fall 2012 NOTE: This hotel is under construction (October 2012 til ?). It is MAJOR construction with heavy metal welding and hammering. I could see the color of the eyes of the workers from my room welding at 8am - very close. I asked for a quiet room when I checked in. I am a Platinum Member at IHG and expect that small requests like this be honored. Another couple checking out at the same time were also upset and complaining (they were on the 5th floor, I was on the 11th and they said the whole building was shaking). IHG needs to disclose, on their web site when you are booking, that there are "special circumstances."

My situation is a bit unique as I need to work nights when I travel for business. I check the hotel web site to make sure that I pick a hotel that is right for me:

(1) I can sleep soundly until 9am (so I can be awake after 12 hours of work at 11pm); The room doors and shower doors SLAM very loudly. Housekeeping started their repeated (every few minutes), slamming of doors surrounding my room at 8am. I asked them to stop, please, and they looked miffed (I was interrupting their work/cleaning deadline, I guess?). So sorry. Also, searing sunlight from under curtains that do not touch the floor in AM (East side).

(2) I can eat dinner - even a light dinner - after 10pm. Well, the Hotel Indigo's web site says they have '24-hour room service' but it is more like 24-hour snack service. You can find better food (muffins, pre-made sandwich, cookie) at a 7-Eleven. The bar closes early if it is slow. Food stops at 10pm. I travel alone and don't want to go out looking for food at 11pm. Just tell me on the web site that you do not have meals after 10pm. Next time I can choose somewhere else. Thanks.

One note: The room looks super-clean, but if you look around/under things, i.e.,the bed boxspring/carpet, there is 'hidden' dirt: covered with small black hairs and other crumbs (could see when the mattress comes away from the wall). Ick.

Positives: --They allow dogs! One was even sitting at the bar at lunch time! That gets 2-stars right off the bat.
--Decor tasteful/high-end IKEA style, albeit the faux hardwood floors add to a somewhat cold-feel.
--The staff is super friendly and were very good at pretending they cared about my issues. The bar looks nice if it was ever open when you need it.

Overall: A good, trendy-appearing hotel, with nice staff, for people who don't mind being woken up early and don't plan to spend much time at the hotel for drinks or food after 10pm.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
QualMod,

Thank you for sharing your experiences during your recent stay. We are happy to see you had some positive notes regarding our pet policy and outstanding staff. As a valued Platinum Priority Club member, your opinion is of great importance to us and I would like to speak with you further regarding the issues you mentioned. Please contact me directly at darren.queen@ihg.com or (619) 906-4803. We hope to rectify any negative feelings and look forward to another visit from you in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

Awesome place to stay. Would come back again. Close to everything. Including beaches, airport, convention center, food, Petco Park, etc. My wife loved it too. Would be fine with kids also. Pet friendly and you would never know it by the cleanliness.

• Stayed October 2012
ConciergeDO,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! While we're a pet friendly hotel, we strive to be guest friendly above all else and are glad you noticed our cleanliness standards. Our central location within the Gaslamp District makes walking to the attractions of the area easy and safe. We hope to see you and your wife again soon!
Salt Lake City, UT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

What a pleasant place to stay!

The hotel is beautiful, very modern, stylish, with attention to detail. Our room on the 8th floor was spacious, with great decor, hardwood floors, Keurig coffee maker, and floor to ceiling windows.

The bathroom was also big with a large shower. There was no tub, which was fine with us.

One of the best things - a QUIET air-conditioner! Finally something that didn't wake me up at night. Overall, the room was very quite despite the fact that there were occupied rooms all around us.

The staff was very pleasant. We asked if we could have a late check out at 1 pm. The gentleman at the desk graciously offered us 2 pm checkout due to our platinum status. It was perfect!

The restaurant downstairs in the lobby was nice, but doesn't really have much selection for lunch. The upstairs patio bar on the 9th floor was closed for renovation.

The location is great. Within walking distance to Balboa Park (you can grab a free trolley once in the park), Seaport Village and of course Gaslamp.

There is really nothing bad I can say about this hotel. Our stay was truly a pleasure. If there's anything I can suggest is that they should add refrigerators and microwaves to rooms.

Would love to come back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
HotelIndigoSanDiego, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
hatifnati,

Thank you for your detailed review! We are so happy to see you enjoyed many different aspects the hotel has to offer. As Platinum members of the Priority Club, we strive to go above and beyond with complimentary upgrades and the late check out option if they are available. The guest rooms have complimentary Keurig coffee makers and Aveda products are our way of saying 'Thank you' to our valued guests. We hope you're able to stay with us again very soon!
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I stayed at the Hotel Indigo the Sunday night following Comic-Con. My friends who I was rooming with elsewhere all flew home Sunday so I was on my own. Got an amazing deal through Hotwire for $105 and I could not have been happier. The staff was warm and welcoming and the room was gorgeous, with a comfy king sized bed, beautiful bathroom, tons of space and a nice view! It was about a 10 minute walk to shops, food & more.

The small bar/restaurant had a great breakfast & offered a free coffee refill to go as I got some last minute shopping done before my flight. When I arrived and left, the staff was helpful and not overbearing. What impressed me most of all? That they didn't treat me any differently because I booked through Hotwire. I've heard of that happening with friends in the past (not here, but in other cities). They totally won me over and I will definitely look into staying here again next summer!

• Stayed July 2012
Littlesong,

Thank you for your review! We're happy to see even after a few months you still wanted to write about your time with us. Our staff prides itself on being friendly and inviting to all guests to create great stays our guests love. We're glad you were able to try some of the locally inspired cuisine in our Table 509 restaurant as well. We hope to see you again next summer!

Been to Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter? Share your experiences!