“Great Place to stay near everything downtown” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #44 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Monterey, CA
“Great Place to stay near everything downtown”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Indigo Hotel and had a wonderful experience. The hotel is conveniently located within walking distance to PETCO park and 5th Ave in the Gaslamp Qtr (where most of the restaurants, gastro pubs, bars and clubs are located). The rooms are modern, clean and the beds were very comfortable. Reception was professional and efficient checking and out. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great place to stay at a reasonable price. The only drawback is the price for parking ($37 a night) which I found steep. I did not ask if there was a discount for multiple night stay as we luckily found a parking spot on the street around the corner from the hotel and did not have to pay. Other than the parking, everything else is great!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelIndigoSanDiego, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Cravetraveler,

Hotel Indigo prides itself on reflecting all the East Village has to offer, including our ideal proximity to the wonderful restaurants and hot spots downtown. We are happy that our contemporary design and guest experience met your expectations! The Indigo Team looks forward to seeing both you and your wife for a return visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

Absolutely the best view of petco park! Well worth all the one way streets to get there. Within walking distance to park. Nice bar with a terrace view of park. Room service was very prompt and delicious food. Will definitely stay again

• Stayed August 2012
Jwyants71,

Thank you for the complimentary review! Our beautiful Level 9 terrace bar has great views right into Petco Park baseball stadium and the downtown San Diego area. Our Table 509 restaurant, located on the lobby level, serves a locally inspired menu and is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Hopefully you’ll join us again for another stay soon!
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

It's close enough to the core of the Gaslamp Quarter yet far enough from the touristy busyness. Great gastropub around the corner as well as a major CVS if you need anything that you forgot from home.

Rooms and bathrooms are spacious, modern, gorgeous and I love the upper floor bar / lounge. Bonus that it is pet-friendly!

Valet parking is fast and efficient but if you time it right, you can probably park on the street or nearby parking garage as well.

Room Tip: Being on a higher floor, you can get a great view of Petco Park.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
DFWTraveler123,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review! Our large guest rooms offer spa-like showers, Aveda bath products, and a complimentary Keurig coffee maker. The Gaslamp District of downtown has many bars and restaurants as well as tourist attractions and our close walking distance to the area gives our guests quick access all the sights. We look forward to a return visit from you in the future!
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Booked a King View room with breakfast to celebrate hubby's birthday. Emailed hotel 2 weeks in advance inquire about Platinum benefits being offer here. Got a response from the Front Office Manager; Mr. Queen. Was told he will take care of us. Sure enough, i checked my reservation online a day later. Our booked room was upgraded to Palor Suite. But, the suite only last a week. The night before we check it, The room got switched back to King view room. I can't blame them because upgrade is not guaranteed.

Check in was smooth and easy. Sarah - new front desk agent i think. She thanked me for being a platinum member. Got 1 comp drink at the bar and PC member 10% coupon. I inquired about Platinum upgrade. She quickly turned it to her colleagues for assistance. In the nicest way of course. I was upgraded to King Executive room instead on 10th floor. Few minutes after checking in to our room, Sarah called the room to make sure everything is working fine. Very nice touch. :)

The lobby offers 2 Apple Mac computers for hotel guests. Gym is located at 9th floor offers 24/7 access with your room key. The hotel is at very good location. Within walking distance to good restaurants, bars and convenient stores. Parking charge is very expensive but thats how it is in gaslamp area. I managed to park my car at the Ace Parking lot one block down from the hotel. I parked my car there at 2:30pm. Paid $6 for 8 hours. Had to go back to Ace Parking again at mid night pay again. $10 for 10 hours. Total parking fee - $16.

The executive King View room is very spacious. It got awesome view to the Petco Park. Bathroom is huge. Had a few drinks at Table 509 Bar & Kitchen.

Sestar78,

Thank you so much for your detailed review of your stay! We are so happy to see you enjoyed so many aspects of the hotel. All our staff strives to create unique guest experiences and it’s great to see Sara and I were able to contribute to that for you. Our hotel’s central location within the Gaslamp District makes it an easy walking distance to the shops, restaurants, and attractions offered. We hope to see you again very soon!
Santa Monica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

My first Yelp review in years. Hotel Indigo San Diego made for one of the greatest nights I have ever experienced.

It was our anniversary weekend and I decided I would be proposing to my current girlfriend. I booked a basic room online, and the week of our reservation I decided to call the front desk and see what they could do to help me out with an upgrade. I told them I was proposing and they were extremely helpful finding an affordable upgrade to a basic suite. My plan was to propose on their rooftop deck which overlooks Petco Park.

To my surprise when I arrived, they UPGRADED US TO THEIR PRESIDENTIAL SUITE, which is right next door to their rooftop deck, with a HUGE patio area, and a better view of Petco Park. I proposed during the fireworks show, she said yes (score!), and it was the greatest night ever. The entire staff knew my secret, it was service above and beyond anything I have experienced at a hotel.

Room Tip: Call the front desk, they are very helpful!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelIndigoSanDiego, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
First off, congratulations! We are so happy to have played a part in an exciting next step in both of your lives. Our staff strives to go above & beyond for our guests whenever possible so we are thrilled to see we were able to make your proposal even more special. We hope to see you again as Mr. & Mrs.!
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Stayed there for a vacation and loved the place. The staff was wonderful and the hotel its self was gorgeous. The room was a little small, but didn't feel cramped or anything. The bed was super comfortable, once it was unburied from all the pillows. The shower was super large, big enough for two (or maybe three...). Plus the room had a tiny Keurig machine.

The restaurant was good and decently priced. It's not a bad place to eat, but with all the choices a few blocks away in the Gas Lamp District, there are plenty of non-hotel food choices around. The ninth floor bar was one of my favorite parts. Though it didn't have the latest hours, it was a very relaxing to sit out on the terrace with a great view of PetCo Field. On the other end of the 9th floor, next to the fitness center there is what they call the "Meditation Terrace"; the view isn't as amazing on that side of the building, but it was always empty. The terrace was a great place to just relax and enjoy the San Diego weather at night.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelIndigoSanDiego, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Andrew B.,

Thanks for reviewing the hotel here in San Diego. We are very pleased to know that you found the hotel amenities satisfying. We are especially happy to know that you had a chance to explore our 9th level bar as well as the meditation terrace, and had pleasant contact with the staff here. We look forward to having you stay with us again at Hotel Indigo!
aurora
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a night. I wish we could have stayed here longer but unfortunately, we were only in San Diego for a day. I used to live in San Diego and this was my first trip back in 5 years. I loved everything about this hotel. The location was great! Gaslamp Quarter has so many restaurants and shops. We were only a short five minute walk from Horton Plaza (shopping mall). The Hotel is very modern. There is no pool but that didn't bother us since we didn't bring bathing suites. I loved the design of the lobby, bar/lounge area and the rooms! We were given the option of a city view or ball park view (Petco Park). We chose the city view. There is a bar on one of the higher floors with a great view of the Petco, it is also a nice place to relax and have a drink. Even the workout room looked very modern. I loved the design of the room from the walls to the hard wood floors. The bed was very comfy too!The employees were very nice and helpful. The valet service gave us a card with a number we could call for our car before we left our room so we wouldn't have to wait. My husband and I really enjoyed staying at this hotel and will definitely stay here when we return to San Diego.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Jacqueline M.,

Thank you for appreciation of the hotel! We are thrilled to know that you were not only pleased with the service that you received from the hotel staff, but also with the hotel overall. We pride ourselves on being a LEED certified hotel, and hearing positive remarks from guests such as yourself on the design of the building, as well as the amenities, is truly great for us. Please stop in and see us again if you are ever in San Diego!

Been to Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter? Share your experiences!