“A Dream Vacation Stay In a Victorian neighborhood” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
All-Suite for Less
Ranked #15 of 40 San Diego B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, California
“A Dream Vacation Stay In a Victorian neighborhood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

I wanted to say thank you to Nikki and Kelly who were most helpful and accommodating.
First off, the only thing I wish was better was the putting range, I would have preferred a full size golf course , but none the less I could still play golf. I was most impressed with the up and coming area how it's being restored back to the 1900's the Victorian houses have so much character. I enjoyed my daily stroll to the Convention Center in the Gaslamp area
and was able to walk it in 20 minutes or less. I left my car parked on the street and decide to walk downtown daily. The hotel accommodations were way more then I expected for the price really. I was grateful that I didn't have to stay in a cookie cutter hotel ! I love the bed, the updated quality furnishings and amenities.
thanks again I will return in the near Future.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

A very nice place to stay. Sad to leave, it is like home away from home. I would rent this place out by the month if I lived in San Diego. Everything I could want, and they even took me grocery shopping right when I got in, which was a real treat!

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Omaha, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed in a studio suite for five nights. Overall, it was a great value ($89/night) for a downtown location. The room we stayed in had been recently renovated and had many nice, high quality finishings. However, there were a few things we didn't like about our stay. First, the surrounding neighborhood isn't considered a good part of town - so, it's not some place you want to take a leisurely stroll in. And, there's nothing really within walking distance. Second, free off-street parking was available in the rear via an alley. However, it was secured with a manually locked fence, which was a bit of nuisance. There was one night that no spots were available so we had to park on the street, which made us uneasy as we had a rental and the neighborhood was questionable. There's also a lot of homeless in the area (hence the fence). Lastly, the bed was a memory foam mattress, which we had never slept in before. While my boyfriend liked it, I just didn't feel as rested. Some of the amenities that came in handy were the onsite laundry facilities, DVR/cable TV, Wi-fi (free but somewhat slow) and the kitchen.

Room Tip: For extended stays, I recommend the one bedroom over the studio as there's more living area and...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

~Parc Suites in Downtown San Diego was a great choice for my business/pleasure getaway. My room-apartment had the most comfortable bed with cool breezes wafting in from the many windows, and fabulous kitchen for cooking and entertaining. The property is always kept in immaculate condition, and using the on-site laundry was extremely convenient. It's hard to put a finger on the great feel of the place, as it merges both old boutique ambiance with modern furnishings. I felt the relaxation of privacy in my suite, yet also the effortless access to all things San Diego, including the city farmer's markets beaches, and sites. I had a great time exploring the restaurants in downtown ( I consider myself a 'foodie' and wanted to take full advantage) just a minute down the hill, and also being close to Coronado Island for more restaurants and beaches!~

Room Tip: I loved staying on the 3rd level~ great window views and breezes which is nice during the San Diego...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Maricopa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

Our family just spent four fabulous daysnat Parc Suites and enjoyed every minute. I am a extremely picky when it comes to hotels rooms and was thrilled when I found this place on the web. Often pictures are misleading but not these pictures. The rooms were cozy, clean and comfortable. We stayed in the one bedroom, whilenour boys had the studio just below us. This place is definitely a diamond in the rough, close to downtown, quiet and affordable for all the space. My mom-in-law alsonhad a 1 bedroom that she can't stop talking about. We will be back. Thank you

Room Tip: Gorgeous and affordable
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
sydney australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

Good location (20 min walk or $10 taxi from the Gaslamp district) and well priced. Comfortable and well equipped. I particularly appreciated the free lift to the nearest restaurant for provisions.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2011

Our family of four, including two teenagers, stayed in a two-bedroom condo for almost two weeks. The condo we stayed in is essentially the upper floor of an older (historic? - 1800's) home in a quiet, modest neighborhood. The condo has been restored to maintain the integrity of the home for the era in which the house was built. The house has beautiful bric-a-brac, original hardwoods floors and old-world charm. The kitchen was amazing and included a gas Jenn-Aire stove/oven with 6 burners, stainless steel refrigerator, 2 inch granite countertops, garbage compactor, and was fully outfitted. The condo was immaculate when we arrived and furnished tastefully. A washer/dryer is available as is wireless internet and cable TV. It is a five-minute drive to either the Albertson's or Costco; five minutes to the Gas Lamp district or the Zoo. Ten minutes to the harbor or the San Diego international airport. We enjoyed staying here so much that most nights we cooked dinner at the condo and enjoyed resting in this space. We thoroughly enjoyed our two weeks and would stay here again if we return to San Diego. We would also recommend it to friends who travel to San Diego.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family