“Great Beach Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #106 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
Wilder, Kentucky, United States
“Great Beach Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Prior to my trip to check-out, this hotel and staff provided a wonderful experience. I called prior to my stay to inquire on a few things and the general manager answered all of my questions and was not hurried in doing so - even asked me questions to ensure I had all the answers I needed. When we arrived, the staff was just as friendly and accommodating. The room was clean with plenty of towels. It is a short walk to the beach and to many fine establishments for food and drink. You probably do not need a car, but there is free parking at the hotel. Would definitely (and most likely will) stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
HotelsManagementTeam, General Manager at Beach Haven Inn, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking time to write a nice review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. Our goal is to exceed our guest expectations and we are very glad to find out we did. All of the employees of the hotel work very hard to make our guests stay comfortable and we look forward to seeing you on your return trip.

Bill Nelson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

My three children and I stayed here for five nights and we didn't want to leave. The inn is a small quaint place that is clean and well maintained. We loved the pool and the proximity to the beach. There are plenty of restaurants nearby, so once our car was parked (free parking is a bonus) we didn't need to use it again. What a perfectly relaxing vacation this was.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thanks for the awesome review! I am so happy that we were able to make your family trip a success. I am very proud of the staff at the Beach haven Inn. They work very hard to ensure the comfort and enjoyment of all of our guests. We look forward to your return visit next month.

Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

The room was newly painted, the furniture not worn or ragged. My family of 4 enjoyed 3 nights and had no issues w/ the property and Mgmt was there to help anyway they could. Parking is limited, and there's a lot of foot traffic alongside the dedicated spaces. We dodged vomit on the ground (not ours) next to my vehicle one morning, and found a bong in the front yard of a house nearby the next. Overall, it was a pleasant stay for the money, and was recommended to us by a co-worker who swears by it. He also does bongs and vomits in driveways.. We've been back to the San Diego area several times since that trip and stayed elsewhere, more to just get a feel for what else is available, but the Beach Haven is worth the money.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

Our family of 4 was looking for an affordable place near the beach in November 2013. I spent many hours researching possibilities and finally found the Beach Haven Inn. We booked a suite for 4 nights and were very pleased with the accommodations. It was clean, spacious, had enough kitchen supplies for our needs (including stove, small fridge, toaster, microwave, utensils), was a block from the beach, had a comfortable bed, and had free parking. We did run into a problem with the bathtub, but management quickly got it fixed. We enjoyed our stay so much that we are looking to go back this summer!

Room Tip: Upstairs is quieter than downstairs.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

My friend and I stayed here in April 2014. The staff were beyond helpful, very friendly and just lovely to speak too! The location is perfect as it's just a step back from the beach and walking distance to everything you need while staying in PB. If I come back to PB I will definitely stay here again and highly recommend it as it's definitely value for money!

• Stayed April 2014
HotelsManagementTeam, General Manager at Beach Haven Inn, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for five-star review of our hotel. The staff appreciates the guest recognition. We seek to provide great value to our guests and are pleased to see that your family had such a great time during your stay. We look forward to seeing you again

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

I was not sure where to stay upon planning my trip to SD as we had never been there before. I just knew I didn't want to stay among a million chain hotels with no personality near the freeway just to be a few minutes closer to SeaWorld ect. We had arrived after the front desk had closed (10 pm) but they left the key exactly where they said they would. They also left the lights on for us. It was a fine room. The kitchen was well equipped for what we needed. We just really needed a fridge, sink and coffee maker, but there was lots more. We had a one bedroom suite and that bed was very comfy. The bathroom was large and well equipped as well. My kids slept on the living room couch/bed. The place was overall quite clean, I would say that perhaps they should have purchased couches that were easier to clean. Ours was a little dirty, like just some food stuck on, nothing major. You have to remember that this is an older motel that has been nicely renovated, so there is a lot of layers of paint on the walls and the odd chip showed it. The staff was great. If you needed anything from housekeeping, they would give it to you. If housekeeping was gone, then the front desk would give you anything you needed. The motel is located in a fantastic area! Lots of great restaurants, the beach was a block down. Grocery stores, coffee shops ect all within walking distance. Really a great place all around.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest:

Thanks for your fantastic review.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Beach Haven Inn.
We value the feedback from our guests and are happy to hear guests enjoying the hotel.
We hope to have you back again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed here last year and after searching for days for a hotel we found this. I even cancelled my reservation at the Catamaran for it. Only because the costs were much cheaper here and the rooms were bigger! And I didn't regret it at all. The room was well maintained, I'm a very clean person and for a hotel it was very clean. The bathrooms were nice, lots of towels, the bed was nice and comfy to sleep on. And so was the pull out sofa, it was nice to have a kitchen and extra space. It was right off the beach. Lots of places within walking distance fun things to do. I will be staying here again for sure, and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the five-star review and we are so proud to have provided you with an enjoyable stay at the hotel. The staff works very hard so our guests have a memorable stay and it is a joy for them when our guests post heartfelt experience.
We all look forward to your return visit.

Bill Nelson

Been to Beach Haven Inn? Share your experiences!