“This is a low budget motel” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - San Diego - Fashion Valley

You added Extended Stay America - San Diego - Fashion Valley to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - San Diego - Fashion Valley
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7444 Mission Valley Road, San Diego, CA 92108 (Formerly Extended Stay America - San Diego - Mission Valley) (Mission Valley / Hotel Circle)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #209 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
Moorpark, CA
“This is a low budget motel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

you get what you pay for. If you are on a budget, and do not expect much, this is the place for you. You will get a low budget room, matress, bedding, carpeting, service, and a poor excuse for a breakfast (coffiee and a small, plastic wrapped danish or granola bar) on a cart across from the check in/out counter. Dont be surprised

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Fashion Valley, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that the quality of your stay was not acceptable specifically the service and quality of the room furnishings. In response to your feedback, I am have our management team look at the quality of carpet and change it where necessary, additionally, we will address service training immediately to improve upon the experience you had. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate yo letting us know about your expereice. I invite you to contact me at jburpo@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments that we can bring to our staff's attention. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I have stayed by myself and with my family and I have had a great experience. The rooms are very clean and the kitchenets are well stocked all you need is foof to cook. I would recomened Extended to everyone.

Room Tip: reserved ahead, they are very busy.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Fashion Valley, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America San Diego - Mission Valley - Stadium. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.
United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I was here for a week
This hotel is great if you are on a budget and just need a place to rest while you're traveling
The rooms basic and clean
Free parking
Good location: close to many Vons/Walmart/Dollar Tree/restaurants. If you like Japanese/Asian area this place is only 3 miles away.
Full fridge and Stove (no oven).
They give you some basic dishes and pots/pan
Free internet
Free breakfast (basic)
Good customer service
No gym
No pool
Very efficient, nothing fancy

Con: weak water pressure

So if you're a budget this is an excellence stay. Its not mean for recreation or anything. If you want something fancier and can afford it Residence Inn is recommended.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Fashion Valley, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed at various hotels, and this has been one of our worst stays. First, we had small snacks for our 2 daughters and when we opened the refrigerator we discovered it only blew WARM AIR (staff said we probably didn't have it turned to the coldest setting...we did). Second, there was NO toilet paper and towels in the bathroom (irritating because we had to go speak with the staff again). Lastly, as I pulled back the sheets to the bed I notice there was PET HAIR ALL OVER THE BLANKET!! We were completely disgusted. Since we have a toddler and a baby we did not want to stay, but it was 11 pm and had no other choice.

Staff tried to be friendly and apologized, but we could tell the night attendant was irritated. I even tried telling her the phone outside their office door didn't work and she didn't seem to care.

• Stayed August 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Fashion Valley, responded to this review, August 22, 2012

We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why our mission is to provide clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price that guests want to come back to. The room condition you describe is totally unacceptable to me and not at all representative of our quality standards. In response to your post, I have met with our hotel staff and used your review to help coach them on room cleaning and inspection policy as well as on the company standards of professionalism.

Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand locations in the future.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Every time I have stayed at this hotel I get the best customer service from the front desk, to the maintenance crew, to the room cleaning service. There is always coffee in the rooms, breakfast. Basically its my home away from home because I have a full kitchen and all the amenities. PLUS!!! Its close to all the attractions, stadium, downtown, BEACHES, MALLS for my wife, and the best part... the price. I feel like this business is going to be around a long time with this formula they have created.

Good Job!!!

Room Tip: all rooms are good.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Fashion Valley, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America San Diego - Mission Valley - Stadium. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.
Strasburg, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

If you are looking for a quiet, removed, cheap place to sleep that is close to downtown, this might be an option for you. We booked this as a group well in advance and secured rooms for less than $100 per night. I have seen quoted rates over $150 per night. It was fine for a place to sleep for less than $100, but I would have been irritated to pay over $150. Considering the hotel amenities (or lack thereof), I woud have rated it 3-stars. However, there were too many little problems, causing the 2-star rating. One of the cabinet doors was broken and would fall off when opened. Some time during our stay, the group reservation was changed from a Sunday check out to a Saturday check out without any notice to anyone. Had one of our members not checked in at the office, we never would have known causing the cancellation of 11 rooms. This required a manager to change and then no one alerted the group that it was fixed, we again had to verify with the office. As you are required to empty your own trash, the outside trash cans are often overflowing.
This hotel is in an industrial park with no close restaurants to walk to, but it made for quiet evenings. The hotel room was clean, but could use some more updates. If it truly had been renovated, it would use some more work. The grab and go breakfast is basically prepackaged muffins/granola bars and coffee. The coffee was good, but definately a minimal breakfast. The staff responded to requests, but they definitely seem overworked, so their demeanor was not always pleasant.
So, as a cheap place to sleep, it is fine, but don't expect too much.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
ChristopherTM, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Fashion Valley, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies.

I am eager to respond to your concerns regarding our hotel amenities. It is our mission to provide a clean, comfortable room at a great rate for business and leisure travelers. To that end, we don't put items like shampoo bottles, shower caps, or face lotions within a room prior to a guest's arrival. That's because although these things are perceived as being "free" at other hotels, you still end up paying for them in your nightly rate. It is also one of our practices to ask guests to remove their own garbage. While this might not be the most convenient request, it empowers you to take it out at your leisure or immediately should you choose do so. And lastly, the breakfast served each morning is meant to be on the lighter side. Doing business this way allows us to continue to offer great rooms at exceptional rates. I am truly sorry that we were unable to communicate our offerings effectively to you before you arrived.

Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts to improve sometime in the future here or at any of our other brand locations.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

Want a drink with ice? Whoops no ice machine! The front desk said to head down to the CVS to buy a bag of ice. Or go to the refrigerator freezer. Oh oh...no ice trays. Want to hang up your clothes. Sorry nice closet, no hangers. Need body lotion or shampoo? Better head to the CVS again. Need the bed made or fresh towels. Forget it...no maid service. Yes there is a kitchenette. Good thing cause their free breakfast is "grab and go" with very little to grab. The rooms are okay but This place has no idea of serving the customer and doesn't even provide the basics you would expect from even the cheapest hotel.

Stayed July 2012
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Fashion Valley, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Kathy,

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Homestead San Diego - Mission Valley.  Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty.  Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology. It is my pleasure to provide you with an explanation regarding your concern about our amenities. Our company is known for providing great rooms at great rates, without some of the fluff that you find at other hotels. Items like ""complimentary"" shampoos and conditioners are not really complimentary; you do wind up paying for it in the nightly rate. Although we don't place extra amenities into a guest room prior to check-in, we do have a limited supply of sundries available upon request at the front desk. We operate this way because it lets us continue to provide our guests with quality accommodations at an exceptional price. I do regret that we were not able to communicate to you exactly what you could expect before you arrived.

Been to Extended Stay America - San Diego - Fashion Valley? Share your experiences!